Turkey Taco-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Here's a video showing you how to make them:
1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
1 jar salsa
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut off the tops of each bell pepper. Use the knife to help cut out and remove the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers.
3. Place the peppers in a lightly greased roasting pan and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the onion, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper, and sauté until the onions have softened, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Move the onions away from the center of the pan to create an open surface in the skillet. Place the ground turkey in the center of the pan and break up the meat.
7. Move the meat and onions to the sides of the pan to create an open surface again. Pour in the black beans, corn, and salsa and stir the mixture until evenly combined.
8. Spoon the mixture evenly into the hallowed bell peppers and replace the bell pepper tops.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the bell peppers have softened and wilted slightly.
10. Remove the tops of the bell peppers, spoon on a large dollop of guacamole, and replace the tops.