These Healthy Caramel Apple Bites Are The Best Fall Treat Ever
And they have zero added sugar!
Healthy Caramel Apple Bites
Here's a video showing you how to make them:
30 pitted dates
½ cup hot water
¼ cup almond milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
Toppings, if desired
1. In a small bowl, pour the hot water over the dates. Allow the dates to soak for 10-15 mins. This makes them easier to blend.
2. Add the date and the water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add the date mixture to a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
4. Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix to combine.
5. Stir often for 8-10 minutes until thick.
6. Use a melon baller to scoop out apple balls.
7. While the caramel cools, stick the apple balls onto the popsicle sticks.
8. Dip the apple sticks into the caramel, roll in toppings (if desired), and allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
NOTE: If your date puree is looking thick and chunky, add a few splashes of water while the food processor is running until the mixture thins out.