Save Money And Plastic With These DIY Dishwasher Detergent Pods
Good for the earth, good for your wallet.
DIY Dishwasher Detergent Pods
Watch how to make them here:
1 cup baking soda
1 cup washing soda
1 cup salt
¼ cup citric acid
1 cup water
½ cup white vinegar per cycle
1. In a large bowl, mix the baking soda, washing soda, salt, and citric acid.
2. Add the water to the dry ingredients and wait about 1 minute until the bubbles reduce before mixing until thoroughly combined.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the detergent mixture into each mold of an ice cube tray. Flatten the detergent into the molds with your fingers.
4. Let the tray sit out to dry overnight before unmolding.
5. To unmold, twist the ice cube trays to help release the pods, turn the tray over, and tap against the counter until the pods have released.
6. Store in an airtight container.
7. Pour a ½ cup of white vinegar into the rinse aid spout before each cycle; this helps eliminate detergent streaks from forming on your dishes during the rinse aid cycle.