1. Slow Lorises Are More Ticklish Than Sloths
2. Have You Ever Even Seen a Sloth With a Tiny Umbrella?
3. Slow Lorises Make Slow Passionate Love
4. Slow Lorises Have a Toxic Bite
It’s a deterrent to predators, and the toxin is also applied to the fur during grooming as a form of protection for their infants.
5. Their Slow Metabolism Enables Slow Lorises to Eliminate Toxins from Their Food and Eat Food Fatal to Humans
Also they like tangerines.
6. Pygmy Slow Lorises Usually Give Birth to Twins
(The twins in this video are only rare because they were born in captivity.)
7. The Eyes of Slow Lorises Are Large and Have a Reflective Layer to Help Them See Better at Night
Sloths kinda suck at seeing (and hearing) - they rely on their sense of smell.
8. Magical Powers Attributed to Slow Lorises Include That a Slow Loris Buried Under Your House Will Bring Good Luck and That Their Meat is an Aphrodisiac
9. “Loris” Probably Comes from the Dutch Name “Loeris,” Which Means “Clown”
It’s still better than being named “sloth.”
10. In the Late 19th and Early 20th Centuries, People in Borneo Believed That Slow Lorises Were the Gatekeepers for the Heavens and That Each Person Had a Personal Slow Loris Waiting for Them in the Afterlife
I hope to hell it’s true!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀