1. It begins with the basic rom-com formula: Funny, pretty, successful woman + Cool, sexy, successful man + New York City backdrop = ROM-COM-GOLD.
3. 2003 WAS MATTHEW’S PRIME.
We totally love the 2013 family-man version of Matthew McConaughey too, but let’s be real: 2003 was a really good year for him. And we’re happy this version has been eternally commemorated in this cinematic classic.*
*YES, IT’S A CLASSIC.
5. You secretly wanted everything Andie wore (even the tacky stuff) because she always looked so put-together and cool.
No? Just me, then? Okay, disregard this one.
7. Best Kiss-Cam of all time.
It’s just sooooo cheesy that it’s not.
8. You get to experience extreme secondhand embarrassment through Andie’s insane-girlfriend-borderline-stalker moments. Highlights include but are not limited to:
He said no such thing and was honestly just silently sitting there eating cow food like a really nice guy (who’s trying to win a bet).
17. This is your favorite version of this song.
Bonus points for you if you sing it like this every time “You’re so Vain” comes on the radio.
20. In true rom-com fashion, you can expect an over-the-top movie ending that leaves you pleased and overjoyed that these two crazy kids made it work.
My bet’s on them.
- At least 11 people are dead and 69 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's health ministry says.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄