1. Starting July 25, Spanx will expand its shapewear and undergarment line to include two styles of jeans.
The first is high-waisted with a wide maternity-esque waistband and a side zipper. The second is a traditional low-waisted jean called the Slim-X with “hidden shaping features.”
The first product from Spanx, developed by the country’s “youngest self-made billionaire” Sara Blakely, was a pair of footless leggings intended to be worn under pants for a “blemish-free” look. The company’s new line of denim will take out the middleman (which in this case is themselves).
3. As all Spanx-wearers know, the “slimming” and “blemish-free” part of shapewear comes from tightness and compression. But it also comes at a price.
Huffington Post interviewed three doctors on the effects of Spanx, who said that prolonged compression of your stomach, diaphragm, intestines, bladder, and colon can lead to many severe medical maladies, including acid reflux, erosive esophagitis, shallow breath, stress incontinence, blood clots, folliculitis, lymph congestion, varicose veins, and yeast infections.
5. The celebrity-endorsed Spanx brand has been expanding from undergarments in recent years.
Its line now includes swimsuits, leggings, men’s Spanx, and something called a “Bra for Your Butt,” but this new denim line is the biggest step the company has taken to expand their market reach.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏