1. The typical Publix sales cycle runs six to eight weeks and ends on Wednesday night.
To maximize your sale purchases, vary your weekly shopping day every other week. Go one week on a Wednesday to get the last of those sales picks and the next week on a Thursday to get freshly marked-down items.
3. Publix accepts manufacturer’s coupons, and many stores will double them up to $.50.
4. They also accept competitors’ coupons.
Eligible competitors are determined based on region and posted at each store. Stores include: IGA, Kroger, SuperValu, Whole Foods, Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, Costco, Sam’s Club and BJ’s Wholesale Club, BI-LO, Winn-Dixie, Harris Teeter, Fresh Market, Piggly Wiggly, and Ingles. If a store you’ve shopped at isn’t included, you can request that the coupons be honored from the District Manager.
5. You can “stack” coupons, which means using a store or competitor’s coupon plus one manufacturer’s coupon on a single item.
For the full coupon policy, check here.
6. Some stores will refund you for coupons that you forgot to use.
You have to present the coupon with your receipt from the last trip. Check each store to make sure. Ultimately it’s up to the discretion of each store manager.
7. If an item scanned at checkout shows a higher price than advertised, you get one of those items free.
The other items will be charged at the lower price.
8. If a customer gives a compliment to an employee, the employee gets a free deli meal.
Each store decides how to recognize praise, but many stores will give “Free Sub” coupons to employees who receive official praise. Just tell the store manager which employee was serving you well.
9. Publix brand items are manufactured by leading national brands.
Like Trader Joe’s, Publix brand products are not manufactured by Publix, they are “private label,” which means they are made by other leading national brands. The recipe is sometimes changed ever-so-slightly (i.e., the marshmallows are made with less sugar) to preserve brand integrity. While there’s no official way to tell which competing brand these products are made from, some customers claim they are shelved next to them. So if the Publix brand tomatoes are shelved next to Del Monte, that would mean they were made by Del Monte.
10. You can make a “special order” if you want to stockpile items that are on sale.
Each customer service department handles these differently, but if you want to make sure you get enough of one item or don’t want to clear the shelf you can place a special order to arrive during the sale. Just make sure to do it far enough in advance.
11. In most stores, you don’t have to purchase two “Buy One Get One Free” items to get the discount.
BOGO items each ring half off the regular price in many stores, except in Florida. There, the first rings up at full price and the second rings up at zero ($0). Check with your local store about the policy.
12. If a sale item is out of stock, a rain check can be written to get up to 10 of the items at the sale price for 30 days.
If you have a coupon for the item that expires before the rain check expires, don’t worry! Publix honors expired coupons when you use your rain check as long as they were valid at the time the rain check was issued.
13. Publix offers a mystery “Penny Item” on the first day of the new sales cycle.
To be eligible for the penny item you must buy $10 worth of groceries BEFORE COUPONS. This program is not available in Florida.
15. If your store stops carrying something you like, you can ask them to start stocking it again.
16. They will cut your meat for you at the meat counter.
If you’re tired of chopping up boneless chicken or cutting steak for kebabs, the folks at Publix will do the literal dirty work for you. Just ask!
17. Their pharmacies now offer free 14-day supplies of some antibiotics, diabetes, and high-blood pressure medications.
Medications include: Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Ciprofloxacin (excluding Ciprofloxacin XR), Penicillin VK, and Sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim (SMZ-TMP), and a few others. You must have a prescription and they only provide the generic brand.
18. The new Sync Your Refill program ensures all your Rx refills will be available on the same day.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- Hillary Clinton responded to that "Death Row Records" meme about her debate outfits.