1. Having Fresh Flowers
There’s no better way to brighten up your home than by adding a few colorful blooms. Even a cheap $5 bunch goes a long way. Spread the cheer by splitting up a bouquet and putting some in each room.
4. Splurging on a Fancy Cuppa
It feels more extravagant to get one $5 extra-cream-jumbo-mocha Latte every so often than a basic $3 cup of joe every day. You can make up for it by BYOing for the rest of the week. Go grande or go home.
8. Putting Your Kitchen Sponge in This Holder
No more soggy sponge, hidden somewhere under three weeks worth of crusty pans. No more mildew. You might still be washing your own dishes, but nothing will transform the experience like this inexpensive and genius invention. Get one here.
9. Using Cloth Napkins
Even leftovers will feel like a five-star affair if you replace paper towels with cloth napkins. Bonus points if you fold them into something fancy. Learn how here.
10. Leaving an Extra-Big Tip
Give your Barista an extra couple bucks for making your mornings bearable. Or leave an extra fiver on your dinner tip. In the grand scheme of things it’s a cheap way to brighten both your and your server’s day.
14. Having Fresh Berries
Out-of-season fruit can be hella expensive. Downright criminal, even. But in the middle of winter, when everything including your food starts to look that same sad brown color, having a box of bright colorful berries all to yourself is totally worth spending out on.
16. Getting a Manicure
Noble men and women have been getting manicures for over 5,000 years. But this luxurious status symbol has come a long way from the Ming Dynasty days of solid-gold nail clippers. Splurging on a cheap manicure will make you feel like a true royal.
17. Buying a Travel-Sized Bottle of Your Favorite Lotion
Keep it in your backpack or purse and you can have never-worked-a-day-in-your-life hands anytime you want. Plus, they’re so cuuuuuttte.
24. Getting a Blowout
Nothing says royal treatment like someone else washing your hair for you. A simple blowout can be had for around $25–30. Treat yourself.
30. Buying an Actual Magazine
In the digital age, buying printed magazines and newspapers feels like a thing of the past. But getting a hard copy version of your favorite publication can also feel like a treat.
31. Using a Pretty Tea Cup/Coffee Mug
For the price of two fancy lattes, you can get a beautiful cup to have at home. Get them here.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- A federal judge ruled Tuesday that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞