1. BEST: Scarlett Johansson in Calvin Klein, 2004
The simple color and sheen of this lemon meringue-hued gown made the absolute best of ScarJo’s amazing figure.
2. WORST: Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga, 2012
In this plasticky pastiche and overdone bandaged shoes, KStew totally missed the mark.
3. BEST: Beyoncé in Givenchy, 2012
She arrived half an hour later than everyone else, in a dress that totally blew every other person out of the water.
4. WORST: Frieda Pinto in Chanel, 2011
You know a look was terrible if it puts both the always-chic Frieda Pinto and CHANEL on a worst-dressed list.
5. BEST: Sarah Jessica Parker in Alexander McQueen, 2006
SJP brought McQueen himself as her date to 2006’s “Anglophilia”-themed costume exhibit, and though it was a controversial frock, we think Parker looks bloody fantastic.
6. WORST: Mischa Barton, 2008
2008’s costume ball had a superhero theme, and we think Mischa Barton’s wonky sleeves could definitely use some rescuing.
7. BEST: Emma Watson in Burberry, 2010
This white gown looked downright angelic on Watson, who still rarely misses a fashion beat…
8. WORST: Alicia Keys, 2003
…while this white suit Alicia Keys donned in 2003 might be straight from hell.
9. BEST: Solange Knowles in Rachel Roy, 2012
The very definition of flawless.
10. WORST: Kate Bosworth in Valentino, 2010
An okay dress if you’re into the skinned cat look.
11. BEST: Gisele Bundchen in Versace, 2008
Not like Gisele needs any help in the “how to look great” department, but this sleek pink confection was truly jaw-dropping.
12. WORST: Florence Welch in McQueen, 2012
Florence’s hippie-chic vibe is usually a total win, but this flouncy number threatened to swallow her up in beaded layers of fabric.
13. BEST: Naomi Watts in Stella McCartney, 2010
Watts sparkled in this rose-hued gown with just the right amount of drama.
14. WORST: Victoria Beckham, 2003
Things not to expose at the Met Gala: your entire torso. Although I suppose 2003 was a different time.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- At least five people were killed as intense flash floods swept through parts of Texas.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯