4. Soothe the sting of poison ivy.
If you pour vodka on your skin immediately after you’ve had a brush-up with some poison ivy, the alcohol in it will alleviate some of the sting.
5. Heal cold sores.
Dunk a cotton swab in some of your favorite vodka and dab it on a pesky cold sore to help it heal faster.
6. …and jellyfish stings.
Use some of that Stoli from your beach picnic to soothe a jellyfish sting, in case of emergency.
7. Use it as homemade Febreze.
Vodka is so strong that it kills odor-causing bacteria. Just put some in a spray bottle and spritz your clothes, then hang them to dry in a well-ventilated area.
8. …and as DIY Windex.
Dilute vodka in a spray bottle and spritz your windows for some chemical-free (and streak-free) shine.
10. Kill weeds without using gross pesticides.
Combine an ounce of vodka, a few drops of liquid dish soap, and two cups of water in a spray bottle, and you’ll be able to get rid of pesky weeds without using harmful chemicals.
13. Make flakier pies.
Substituting a tablespoon of vodka for every third tablespoon of water will make your pie crusts moister without requiring additional water (which can make your dough rubbery).
15. Make a pretty good insect spray.
For a DEET-free insect repellent, put some vodka in a spray bottle and spritz away.
16. Make a homemade, reusable ice pack.
Put ½ cup of vodka and ½ cup of water into a zip-close freezer bag, and freeze for an ice pack you can use time after time, Cyndi Lauper style.
17. Unstink your feet.
Soak your dogs in vodka — you might want to use the cheap stuff — to give them a deep clean and to deodorize.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸