We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their best tips for saving money on groceries.
Here are some of the best:
1. See if your grocery store has an app and check it before you shop.
2. Read the entire label and see how much you're actually paying per ounce.
3. Write yourself a grocery list and stick to it...
4. And never go on an empty stomach.
5. If you have time, don't do all of your grocery shopping at one place.
6. Make sure to look at what's on the top and bottom of shelves, not just the middle.
7. Instead of buying prepackaged meats (that are usually too big for one person), hit up the butcher counter to get just what you need.
8. If your store offers grocery pickups, order in advance to avoid any impulse buys.
9. Download coupon apps that give you cash back for uploading pictures of your receipts.
10. Hit up the dollar store before going to the grocery store.
12. And learn how to break down whole chickens yourself.
13. Stock up and store.
14. Set price boundaries for yourself to know when you're actually getting a good deal.
15. If you have the patience and space, order snacks in bulk online.
16. Sell-by dates are important, but don't be freaked out by marked-down groceries with dates that are nearing.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.