We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share their top money-saving tips for grocery shopping at the dollar store. Here are some of their best (and most practical) tips:
1. Hit up the dollar store before going to the grocery store to see what you can get first.
2. Try to buy the random, one-off ingredients you don't use often at the dollar store.
3. Don't forget to check out the frozen fruit section — which is usually much cheaper than grocery stores and perfect for smoothies.
4. Instead of buying expensive candy at the movie theater, stop at the dollar store to stock up before the show.
5. Hit up their snack section for cheap road trip munchies.
6. Check out their Tupperware section to get cheap containers perfect for meal prepping.
7. Stock up on cooking staples like measuring cups and spatulas — perfect for recent college grads.
8. Buy your staple grains there, like rice and pasta.
9. See if your dollar store has a spice section and buy the ones you won't use often there.
10. Check to see if they have knockoff versions of your favorites.
11. Check to see if there are any international dollar stores around you (such as Daiso) for new-to-you ingredients.
12. Check out their prepackaged snacks — perfect for school lunches.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.