We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
If there's anyone who knows what cooking supplies and food products are worth the money, it's chefs.
So when we decided to create a gift guide for food lovers, who better to ask than pro chefs? We asked nine food professionals what gifts they would actually want this year, and this is what they told us:
1. An air fryer large enough to cook for the entire family — Cat Cora; TV personality, author, and restaurateur
2. A microplane to zest and grate all kinds of things from spices to cheese — Padma Lakshmi; cookbook author and host of Top Chef
3. ...And a quality chef knife, too.
4. A thick, quality cutting board that will last a lifetime — Mike Solomonov; chef, cookbook author, and owner of Zahav
6. A handheld smoker to easily smoke anything and everything — Kristopher Edelen; Chef and owner of HOTPANnyc
7. A set of Russian piping tips to create stunning buttercream decorations — Kyle Bartone, Executive Pastry Chef at Eataly Downtown
8. ... And a nonstick baking mat to make sure your cookies never stick
9. A serious outdoor grill to up your camping game — Guy Fieri; TV host, author, and restauranteur
10. An easy to use immersion circulator so you can start cooking sous vide at home — Andrew Zimmern; TV personality, chef, and writer
11. And, if all else fails, a massage — Alex Guarnaschelli; chef, TV personality, and cookbook author
Responses have been lightly edited for length and clarity.