1. Billy Bob Thornton is afraid of antique furniture.
“Maybe it’s a past life thing and I got beat to death with an old chair,” Thornton once said. “But I’m totally serious. I can’t eat around antiques.” He swears that they make him “gag.” Looks like Billy B. won’t be paying his great Aunt Edna too many visits.
2. Oprah is afraid of chewing gum.
Winfrey’s fear of gum is so extreme that she forbids the substance from even entering the building in which her show is filmed. She’s gone as far as to throw out a dinner plate upon which a guest had left a chewed piece of gum. Sounds like she oughta go on Oprah and sort that shit out.
3. Pamela Anderson is afraid of mirrors.
Oh, the irony. While the former Baywatch star isn’t afraid to bear her bod for Playboy (11 times), she’s completely terrified of her own reflection. Not only can she not look at herself in a mirror, she also refuses to watch herself on television.
4. Orlando Bloom is afraid of pigs.
Yeah, that’s right. Lil piglets. When one got loose on the set of his movie Kingdom of Heaven, Bloom allegedly bolted away as fast as he could.
5. Kyra Sedgwick is afraid of talking food.
According to her husband Kevin Bacon, Sedgwick finds talking food horrifying. Her phobia is so bad that if she sees a commercial with talking food, she has to immediately leave the room. It’s looking like Sedgwick will not be getting the call to voice Larry The Cucumber’s wife in the new Veggie Tales movie.
6. Tyra Banks is afraid of dolphins.
“I’ve been afraid of [them] since I was 8 or 9,” she once told People magazine. “I have dreams that I am in a pool and there are dolphins bumping me and I’m frightened.”
7. Alfred Hitchcock was afraid of eggs.
Quite the strange phobia for a man who made a career out of all things scary. “I’m frightened of eggs,” he once told an interviewer. “That white round thing without any holes…have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid?”
8. Nicole Kidman is afraid of butterflies.
The actress says she isn’t in the slightest bit afraid of snakes or spiders, but is terrified by butterflies. As a child, she would “climb over” fences and “crawl around” the side of her house to avoid the front gate where ‘flies could often be spotted.
9. Matthew McConaughey is afraid of revolving doors.
He may be suave, but McCounaghey’ll lose his cool if he finds himself too close to a revolving door. “I get anxious just being near them,” the actor has said. Additionally, tunnels have been known to give Matthew the willies.
10. Andy Roddick is afraid of rabbits.
They freak him out so much that Roddick allegedly flipped during an Easter Brunch at the St. Regis Hotel because he was petrified of the Easter Bunny. He went as far as to ask that they kept the costumed performer as far away from him as possible.
11. Keanu Reeves is afraid of the dark, but in “a real philosophical way.”
12. Helen Mirren is afraid of talking on the telephone.
The most royal of phobias. “I’m definitely frightened of the phone,” Mirren was quoted saying. “It makes me so nervous. I always avoid picking it up if I can… The invention of the answering machine was amazing.”
13. Diddy is afraid of toes.
When the artist formerly known as Puffy appeared on The Tonight Show with Kate Beckinsale, he refused to look at her legs on the chance that he accidentally caught sight of her feet. When asked why, he replied that he has “this foot thing. I really fear a second long toe.”
14. Adele is afraid of seagulls.
In 2008, the singer confessed to Now Magazine that she’s got herself a case of seagull-phobia. It all started when she was 9. “I was walking down the promenade in Tenby eating [an ice cream], when this huge fucking seagull came down and swiped it off me… I thought it was going to take me away with it.”
15. Cameron Diaz is afraid of doorknobs.
Allegedly, she refuses to touch them. REFUSES. Luckily, she’s famous enough at this point that she probably has a personal door-opener.
16. Megan Fox is afraid of dry paper.
Fox once discussed her phobia on Jimmy Fallon: “I just can’t stand it. Scripts, newspaper or anything that’s not laminated, I can’t touch it with my hands!” Luckily, most movies Fox stars in don’t require script reading as much as staring deeply into the camera while wearing minimal clothing.
17. Kylie Minogue is afraid of coat hangers.
The Aussie pop star admitted her fear to The Telegraph saying, “I have a hanger phobia. I don’t like the way they sound when you put them in the wardrobe.” Because of this, she has to lay all her clothes out in her room instead of hanging them up.
18. Robert De Niro is afraid of the dentist.
It’s rumored that this Hollywood tough guy is scared shitless of trips to the tooth man. He believes that the dentistry equipment can and will cause diseases.
19. Nicki Minaj is afraid of escalators.
While at the National Basketball Association in Los Angeles, Nicki caused a scene when she refused to take the moving staircase. The cause of her escaltora-phobia is still unclear.
20. Christina Ricci is afraid of house plants.
Don’t you DARE bring a fern near this girl. “They are dirty,” Ricci said. “I’m repulsed by the fact that there’s a plant indoors. It just freaks me out.”
21. Woody Allen is afraid of EVERYTHING.
Elevators, insects, bright colors, heights, sunshine, children, dogs… Oh and he also suffers from arachibutyrophobia (fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, obviously).
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.