1. When we wanted to have a nice, classy evening drinking cabernet sauvignon at our private chateau.
2. Or when we tried to impress our friends with a spread of French artisanal cheeses.
3. This croissandwich, which is not even remotely French.
4. This ~pain au chocolat~... with almonds.
5. This other pain au chocolat with almonds AND pistachios.
6. And this truly American-ized croissant.
7. That time we supersized the baguette.
8. Or when we topped this sad excuse for a crêpe with some whipped cream and berries because WHY NOT??
9. When we tried to make a gourmet ~poulet suprême~.
10. Or when we decided to be très chic by having an omelette for dinner.
11. This worthy attempt at the classic jambon-beurre... with radishes.
12. This "Brie LT" because obviously replacing bacon with brie and slapping it on a baguette makes it French.
13. This not-at-all-depressing assortment of charcuterie.
14. This faux pas of a mille feuille crêpe cake.
15. And finally, this "French Toast" recipe, which is entirely unknown in France.
This post was translated from French.