1. Thinking Hawai'i isn't part of the "real" United States.
2. Thinking that everyone speaks Hawaiian and not English.
3. Assuming "real" Hawaiians live in grass shacks.
4. Assuming everyone is Asian.
5. Thinking people from Hawai'i say Hawai'i weird.
6. The difference between "Hawaiian shaved ice" and real shave ice.
7. Refusing to try Spam because it is "gross."
8. Assuming everyone from Hawai'i knows each other.
9. Assuming everyone went to Punahou High School.
10. Calling these "flip-flops."
11. Assuming everyone is related.
12. Thinking putting pineapple on your food makes it Hawaiian.
13. Assuming all people from Hawai'i are surfers.
14. Thinking every day is perfect and sunny.
15. Assuming all people from Hawai'i are full of aloha, all the time.
16. Thinking Hawai'i is just a vacation destination.
In a previous version of this post, I referred to people from Hawai'i as Hawaiians. Being from Hawai'i, I know this and should have specified. Whoops! All fixed! :)