We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of adhesive cable clips that'll straighten out that mess of cords tangled behind your home office desk that you've been trying very hard not to think about.
2. A compact cutlery organizer cleverly designed to maximize your drawer space with stacked, angled compartments that take up waaay less space than the typical wide, flat organizers. Considering how many times a day you open this drawer, you'll be able to appreciate this space-efficient organization on the reg.
See this "life-changing" drawer organizer on TikTok! BTW, there's a version of this product for safely and compactly storing knives in a drawer too! Many reviewers ended up pairing both of these together.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Chelsea Stuart has used the cutlery organizer to make her kitchen feel more organized. She says: "Just got this, and it has freed up SO much space in our cutlery drawer that we can now store teas, small Tupperware, etc. vs. before it was just a mess of utensils."
Promising review: "I had never seen this before I bought it, and holy crap it changed my life. So. Much. Room. There is so much room left in my drawer now that I moved stuff from another drawer and I have an entirely empty drawer in my kitchen now. Now only HALF the drawer is silverware and the other half is spatulas and cooking utensils. It is great. It also seems very sturdy. Highly recommend." —van31050
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
3. Some stainless-steel-effect contact paper to upgrade your kitchen appliances. Because if it ain't broke, don't fix it — but you *can* still modernize the look fairly easily and cheaply.
And when you move or change your mind, you can easily remove or reposition it!
Promising review: "Amazing job at updating my wall oven. I searched for months trying to see what would be an alternative replacement to my dated wall oven (25 years old). The thing is, my old oven has always worked very well, so I couldn't really justify paying $2,000 to replace my working double wall oven only because of cosmetic reasons. Then it dawned on me that maybe if I updated the oven with this metal covering it would look like real stainless steel. So for literally the cost of $10 I updated my oven. The update is virtually unnoticeable unless you tell someone, and what's the best thing of all, it leaves no fingerprints. Best $10 I ever spent." —B. Lenj
Get an 18-inch x 6-foot roll from Amazon for $14.72.
4. Or a bottle of Therapy Premium stainless steel cleaner & polish if you've already got stainless steel appliances but they've seen better days — this plant-based cleaner will get your stainless steel looking brand new in no time flat. Goodbye smudges, dust, dirt, and oil — hello, clean surfaces and a lovely lavender scent.
You'll also get a large microfiber cloth with the bottle.
Promising review: "I bought this to keep our new stainless fridge clean. I'd tried Formula 409 and Windex, but they both left streaks. This stuff is great! Not only does it clean and polish, but it also removed the sticker residue from the price tag and leaves NO streaks! I was worried keeping a stainless fridge looking new would be difficult, but this makes it so easy. Spray on and use the microfiber towel to wipe with the 'grain' of the metal, or even just use small circular movements, it doesn't matter either way comes up shiny. It doesn't leave any residue and resists fingerprints. So happy I found this product." —Amber Morales
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
5. A three-layer door stopper you can install (and by "install" we mean peel and stick!) underneath your door if there's a pesky gap letting in cold drafts (or those creepy crawlies that seem to emerge in the fall — ugh).
Promising review: "I’m renting an apartment and my front door doesn’t brush up against the floor. There was about an inch gap which was annoying because it meant light, noise, and bugs could get in. Ever since I’ve installed this, I’ve had almost no bugs, no light, and so much less sound! It’s great. The sound-blocking is especially amazing because my bedroom is near the front door and I hated hearing my neighbors conversations clear as day in the stairwell. It’s not totally noise cancelling but it’s so much better." —airazedy
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in four colors).
6. A foaming garbage disposal cleaner if the thought of what's lurking inside your disposal haunts you at night — these packets are made to deodorize while also removing the nasty grunge and buildup lurking within your pipes. No more gnarly smells or dirty water that just won't drain.
7. And dishwasher cleaning tablets capable of dissolving that built-up smelly residue inside your dishwasher. Just add a tablet, run a normal wash cycle, and watch lime and mineral buildup disappear. Now you don't have to worry about your dishes *actually* getting clean.
Promising review: "After the dishwasher continued to leave white spots and streaks on all the dishes, I bought this to clean it. After the first use, it made a world of difference. Dishes came out looking brand new! No spots or white marks! I now use it weekly and it still continues to work. Happy with the tablets and will continue to use them." —Catlady1414
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $8.98.
8. A TikTok-famous sunset lamp that'll drench the room in rosy warm light, basically making it look like golden hour 24/7. It might seem like a little thing, but reviewers say this *dramatically* enhances a room and gives it the coziest glow.
The distance determines how wide and intense the light is — position it farther away for a softer diffused light, or closer up to focus the colorful beam on a specific spot.
Check out a similar sunset lamp on TikTok to see how it works!
Promising review: "Immediately, out of the box, it makes any room more aesthetically pleasing. It's such a simple but beautiful light to make your room feel cozy. The warm color also adds calm and serenity to your space. I am so satisfied with it, I will be buying another. My space has weird geometric angles and this light makes them feel even cooler." —-jordan_
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in four styles).
9. A set of breathable, cooling bed sheets to make your bed (and any guest beds) feel as luxurious as the one you slept in on vacation. Silky soft, breathable, and cooling, these popular sheets feel ~expensive~ but aren't, with over 158,000 (!) 5-star ratings backing up their incredible value.
Promising review: "I am a very hot sleeper therefore, I am very picky about my sheets. These sheets are very comfortable and do not make me hot. They are soft and very comfortable. Also, the company is great to work with! Excellent customer service! When my sheets arrived, there was a small problem with the fitted sheet so I emailed them (the sheets came with a flier with their contact info) and they sent me another fitted sheet right away. They said they are a family owned business and really want the customer to have a great experience. I was impressed with that level of service especially in this day and age! Bottom line: great sheets, excellent customer service and great price! Do not hesitate to buy!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available under $30 in sizes twin–queen, and in other sizes at higher price points; available in 45 colors).
10. And a set of bed bands so you can cinch those bed corners tight and keep your sheets and mattress pad from sliding right off the bed, especially if you (or your bedmate) tend to toss and turn at night.
Promising review: "We have a rather deep mattress and added a memory foam topper, which gave our fitted sheet a real stretch to be able to securely tuck at the corners and not slip off. It would hold some of the time, but we frequently had a corner or two slip off during the night. It was disrupting sleep, so I was ready to safety pin the fitted sheet corners in place. However, no need for safety pins. After giving Bed Band a try our fitted sheet slipping problem is solved! The clamp design grips like iron, but the best part is the adjustable bands that allow for a quick final fit after installing the clamps. The other designs require that you adjust the bands first, and then stretch the clamps into place under tension. With Bed Band, you clamp each band into place without tension, then you use the quick adjuster to apply tension as needed. This makes for a much simpler installation, and with a product that by its nature needs to removed and re-installed repeatedly (sheet washing), ease of installation is critical. Bed Bands is the clear design winner here for both function and ease of installation. A stellar product design at an affordable price!" —David K
Get a pack of four bands from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in three colors, two sizes, and multiple packs).
11. A set of blackout curtains that'll block out between 85% to 99% of light so your bedroom feels like the coziest cave when you want to hide away from the world (and, you know, sleep in for once). They can also help insulate the room against winter chill and summer heat.
Promising review: "I don’t know why I didn’t buy these years ago. I live in a dorm with old curtains that barely helped block the parking lot light at night, let alone the blazing morning sun out of my east-facing room. I got these curtains and can now get my room pitch dark at night and darker than I had ever had it before even with the harshest light. The curtain itself lights up a little with the most direct sunlight, but it is still easy to sleep through and doesn’t ever wake me up. One of the best decisions ever and I have no complaints." —MallardTop
Get them from Amazon for $20.20+ (available in 16 sizes and 43 colors; some sizes are priced higher than $30).
12. And for other rooms, sheer curtains — opt for these instead of dark, heavy ones to help brighten up a room and let that good sunlight stream in. It helps make the room feel bigger too!
You can also layer blackout curtains with sheers and keep them tied back when not in use! I use this method in my living room (it's handy to still have the blackout curtains for watching movies or playing games during the day) and it works great.
Promising review: "I LOVE THESE! I was looking for something to brighten my apartment up and to make it feel bigger. I’m so, so, so glad I decided to go with these! I was so scared while opening them. I ordered four white 95-inch sets. I just threw them in the dryer for two to three minutes to de-wrinkle them and hung them. These are amazingly cheap for how nice they are! Definitely makes my apartment feel like HOME. I would recommend these to anyone." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 10 sizes and 23 colors).
13. Waterproof, stain-resistant faux marble granite paper to give new life to that old, scratched-up desk, vanity, or bathroom counter by resurfacing it. It's *significantly* cheaper and quicker than a full remodeling, and you're not married to the final result if you change your mind down the road, as it peels off easily without leaving damage.
It took most reviewers less than an hour to completely revamp their desk, and it was two hours *tops* for others (depending on how much space you're redoing!). Psst — If you pick this up, check out this reviewer's great installation tips for applying it to a desk!
Promising review: "I do not have the money for a new vanity right now. Insert DIY project of covering my ugly pink bathroom vanity in marble contact paper. It looks 100% better and it’s super durable. It’s a little tricky to work with at first and then you get the hang of it. I’m buying more for my half bath! Update: My vanity still looks great a couple of months later! I decided to do my tabletop in my laundry room [above, right] and it looks great too! Tips: Make sure there is nothing on the surface as bumps will show through with the tiniest of debris. Also, one roll is not enough; always buy more than you think you’ll need!" —Natalie Evans
Get it from Amazon for $6.49+ (available in five sizes).
14. Prismatic window film that'll add a little more privacy while letting the sun cast gorgeous rainbows across the room during the day. It gives the coziest stained glass effect at night, and knowing no nosy passerby can peek inside your windows only makes your home feel more like a sanctuary.
Promising review: "I live in an apartment community and I wanted to find a solution to cover up my windows without using my blinds/curtains. Let me just say...wow! This beyond exceeded my expectations. Not only does it give me the privacy I need, but the way the lights reflect in the daytime AND nighttime is just breathtaking! In the morning when the sun shines through, tiny little rainbows get casted all over the bedroom! At night it looks so cozy, warm, and has a beautiful, realistic stained glass look to it." —Katie Coyle
Get a 17.5"x78.7" roll from Amazon for $9.98 (available in 11 sizes).
15. A nontoxic, waterproof grout pen so you can refresh the old stained grout on your tile floors or shower walls — a far easier and cheaper alternative to having it professionally regrouted.
I've used this before on my own kitchen tile, which had gross dark grout that stuck out like a sore thumb every time I walked in there. It takes a bit of time and patience since you have to go slow, but the instructions are very straightforward, and if you accidentally get some outside of the lines, you can just wipe it off. The end results are well worth it — the entire area looks newer and cleaner.
Promising review: "I have 12-inch white tile in my whole house that is 20 years old. Even though I have kept it looking nice, the grout still was getting dark. I cleaned the grout and let it dry good 'til the next day then used the grout pen. It looks like it is brand-new. One thing that I found out was that if the tip of the pen starts to look worn you can just pull it out and turn it over — it is the same tip on both ends. It will take some time to do the whole house but it looks so great that I will just do a section at a time 'til I finish. One other thing that I did was run my finger down the grout line after I apply the grout pen then wipe down the tile line with a paper towel so no other cleanup was necessary." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in two sizes).
16. A pack of three under-cabinet lights for the kitchen so you're not fumbling around when you come in for water at night. It'll also accentuate your backsplash!
These under-the-cabinet lights are battery-powered and come with a remote that will allow you to power them on and off, change their intensity, and set them to be motion-activated.
Promising review: "I just remodeled my kitchen and wanted lights under my cabinets to give it a cozy feel. I wanted something easy to install but effective. These lights are great! You can adjust the brightness and can even put them on a timer so they turn off on their own after 15, 30, or 60 minutes. They come with a sticky tape to attach to cabinets but I also added sticky back Velcro and they have stayed on perfectly. The company sent me an email offering any assistance if I should need it. I absolutely LOVE them and would recommend." —Lisa Corey
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $19.99 (also available as a single and in packs of two or six).
17. Scented drawer liners with elegant floral designs to line your dresser drawers with. They'll make you smile every time you catch a glimpse of them underneath your clothes, and reviewers say they have the loveliest smell too.
Promising reviews: "I am very pleased with these scented drawer liners! They are perfect for my bedroom chest of drawers. The paper is heavy and the scent is wonderful. I love it! I may buy them as gifts." —Jennifer
"This is a traditional scented drawer liner paper — the kind people used for decades before modern adhesive (plastic) papers — and it's beautiful. I purchased the royal bloom scent and it smells like fresh pears. The paper comes in a tight roll and I suggest reverse rolling or laying it flat and weighing it down for a night before installing it. I very much prefer non-adhesive paper like this because it is easy to install and replace, but also because it is old-school elegance." —Trillium
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in three patterns).
18. A super-slim storage cart that'll let you take advantage of any tight areas in your home (like that lil' space between your bed and nightstand) because any space is potential storage space, gosh darn it! For tiny homes and apartments, this upgrade's a game-changer.
Promising review: "Fit perfectly between the bed and the wall in my small bedroom. I thought the entire thing was metal — that’s my misunderstanding. The trays are plastic. I still love it. Easily top heavy though. You must put a heavier item in the bottom if you plan to roll it around. Otherwise it’s great for the $ and perfect for what I needed." —Danielle Oed
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in three colors).
19. A string of fairy lights, because there's just something magical about what these do to a room at night. It'll give your space the coziest ambience while you curl up to read or watch a movie, and make it feel a bit like Christmas year-round.
Many reviewers say the cord is short so you should definitely add an extension cord to your cart too if you don't have one. And if you like vibes of the second photo, you'll want to get some sheer curtains to recreate that hazy glow.
Promising review: "I love these lights! The settings are so much fun and add excitement to a room when you have guests. The light is so warm and makes it feel so cozy inside! I love to turn off all of the other lights in my apartment and just have these lights going when I am watching a movie. It creates a great warm glow but isn't too bright to wash out the movie. They are also a fun background for pictures!" —J_Thill
Get them from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in five colors).