1. Fashion was first.
2. Shorts were still short.
3. And the pants were prints.
4. The world's greatest basketball movie was released.
5. And the Tune Squad beat the MonStars in the most thrilling game ever played.
6. Pumped-up kicks were an actual thing.
7. Dennis Rodman was the Bad Boy of the league.
8. And not a de-facto diplomat for North Korea.
9. J's (Jordan's) weren't vintage yet.
10. Two words: Dream Team.
11. Shaq was a rim rocker.
12. AND a movie star.
13. And even a video game hero.
14. NBA Jam (AKA the greatest game ever) was released.
15. Cards were great collector's items.
16. Rivalries were intense.
17. Players promoted porn.
18. The Bulls won everything.
19. Charles Barkley saved the city from Godzilla in a game of one-on-one.
20. Everything was in teal.
21. Ray Allen was still Jesus Shuttlesworth.
22. Micheal Jordan ruled the league.
23. Hairstyles were unique.
24. Because this will never happen again.
25. Even Nirvana knew.
26. And most importantly because Michael Jordan said this:
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!