1. They have won 5 Super Bowl Championships!
They are tied with the Dallas Cowboys and only behind Pittsburgh who has 6 wins.
2. Their rivalry with the Seahawks is one of the fiercest in football.
These two teams absolutely despise each other. As divisional rivals they play at at least twice a year. The games and antics of the two opposing fan bases is quickly becoming the stuff of legend.
No love lost.
9. Together they formed one of the most dynamic duos in football history.
Many of those stats and accolades were achieved together as teammates.
10. Ronnie Lott
This 8x Pro Bowler and 4x time Super Bowl Champion is one of the best defensive backs to ever play the game.
11. They had one of the greatest coaches of all time in Bill Walsh.
He coached the 49ers to three Super Bowl victories and changed the NFL with his innovative West Coast Offense.
12. Current coach Jim Harbaugh already has a proven record of success.
Three NFC Championship appearances and one Super Bowl appearance in his first three years.
13. Their home stadium Candlestick Park is one of the best venues in football.
It was the host of many great games and the final Beatles concert. It just saw its last year of action as the team will be moving to a new venue in 2014.
14. They have some of the most passionate fans in the NFL.
Their fan base is one of the biggest in the country.
17. Because the Justin and Aldon Smith are the dynamic duo of the defense.
18. And NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis are two of the most feared linebackers in all of football.
19. The have some of the best cheerleaders in the league, nicknamed “The Gold Rush”.
20. They thrive with smash mouth football.
They run the ball well and have a stout defense the two cornerstones of a smash mouth style.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.