1. Many people believe the South is some kind of beautiful place.
Lake Jocassee, South Carolina
5. There is nothing but miles and miles of weeds, and huge swarths of undergrowth.
6. The entire region lacks any kind of allure…
Cades Cove, Tennessee
9. It’s just a bunch of unmajestic streams…
Arrow Island, Mississippi
10. …and slow-flowing creeks.
Mather Gorge, Virginia
12. …and totally unassuming.
14. …and the sand is strewn with seaweed.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
15. The cities here are nothing but backwood pit stops.
16. These metropolises have no culture…
New Orleans, Louisiana
17. …and totally lack any kind of charm or beauty.
Charleston, South Carolina
18. Not to mention, nothing of note ever happens.
New Orleans, Lousiana
19. The wildlife here is so damn average.
21. Taking a walk around here is mind-numbingly dull.
Pine Mountain, Georgia
22. There is absolutely nothing pretty to look at.
23. Every landscape looks exactly the same.
Key Largo, Florida
- US intelligence officials issued repeated warnings to European allies about attacks by Russian state-backed hackers, but it was too little, too late.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄