2. The challenge involves people wrapping an arm around their waist, and seeing if they can touch their belly button.
3. Two big factors in completing the challenge involve having a tiny waist and really flexible arms.
4. Users then upload the photos to social media to document their completions and failures.
5. The challenge started on Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, and is quickly taking the internet by storm. Since Wednesday the challenge has generated over 130 million hits, and is the No. 1 trending topic on Weibo, according to the Daily Mail.
6. The challenge apparently originated from an unknown U.S. study that claims women who can complete it have good bodies, and those who can’t need to lose weight.
The study in question has not been found or cited.
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️