1. She believed VapoRub was a cure for everything.
3. If you scraped your knee, you could always expect the “Sana, sana” rhyme.
4. Cristina was her version of Oprah…
5. And Walter Mercado was her supreme adviser.
9. Because if she ever actually counted to three you were officially fucked.
14. There was no way you were leaving the house without finishing your chores.
16. Somewhere in your kitchen she hung a picture of La Ultima Cena on the wall.
17. And she always made you save plastic bags so you could put them in a bag with even more plastic bags.
18. You knew to clear the house whenever she put chile on the comal.
20. You never understood how she flipped tortillas without burning her fingertips.
22. She never had the need to buy Tupperware.
23. Her marathon holiday tamaladas led to an all-tamale diet afterward.
Your mother, abuelita, and tias made no less than 2000.
24. Her home remedy for mal ojo was an egg, a chant, and a glass of water.
28. She never admitted when she was wrong.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."