3. Wacthing Don Francisco on Sábado Gigante was how you spent a good portion of your Saturday.
6. …And at least three showers to get all the confetti out of your hair.
8. When Fiesta rolled around you already had your outfit planned out weeks in advance.
9. Whether it was to visit family, shop, or have some drinks going to “el otro lado” was a regular occurrence.
10. At least one person in your family was a die hard Cowboys fan.
17. You always suspected the Ford Lobo was a little bit better than the F-150.
19. To you there is no better smell then a mixed fajita skillet.
20. At some point in your life someone has hired a band to play “Las Mañanitas” outside your mom’s window on Mother’s Day.
22. At least one person in your friend group uses güey in every single sentence.
“Que estas haciendo güey?”
23. Forget the ice cream man. El Paletero was your summertime savior.
24. Breakfast for you wasn’t pancakes and eggs, but amazing gas station tacos.
25. Preparadas were one of the many creative ways to incorporate twice the amount of sweetness into your alcohol.
27. It wasn’t a kid’s birthday party unless it had a customized piñata.
30. Football was always your favorite sport, and you started playing at an early age.
I mean, it is Texas after all.
So while cowboys and ranchers are a part of the Texas mystique…
Vaqueros and rancheros are a part of the Tejas mystique as well.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.