1. L’Oréal 8 Second Wonder Water Lamellar Hair Treatment works like a treat in eight, yes, you read that correctly, EIGHT seconds to transform fine to curly textures. Think: mirror-like shine and softer-than-soft locks in less time than it takes to pull a rabbit out of a hat!
Apply this directly to wet hair, avoiding the roots, massage it in for eight seconds, then rinse. Effort required = practically zero. You can use 1 dose for fine- to medium-textured hair, 2–3 doses for thick- to curly-textured hair and add one more dose if you have long hair.
Promising reviews: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one, I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle a lot with breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me, I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing, and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️" —Theressa Hailey
"I have never had a hair product make such a fast and wonderful impact on my hair EVER! I have naturally good hair. Long and shiny.....until I went to Madison Reed and had most of it completely damaged beyond belief. My silky strands felt like hay. They were breaking. I was masking, conditioning, oiling, air drying, not brushing it, and still, it was a total tragedy. I turned to the TikTok gods and found this. ONE USE OF EIGHT SECONDS completely restored my hair to its soft shine down to the ends! If I did not use this myself, I would never have believed it. Thank god it is so reasonable in price. If you are anything like me — your hair is your crown, and when changes happen to it, it is devastating until you find a way to make it work. This stuff is a miracle product. I love it!" —Sonia
Get it from Amazon for $9.87.
2. SoCozy Leave-In Curl Conditioning Spray turns yours *and* your little one's getting ready ritual into one that's a little more manageable (plus features soft, fanciful curls and ringlets). This stuff will gently detangle and restore tresses, all without the use of harsh and nasty chemicals.
Check out a TikTok of the SoCozy Curl Spray in action. Reviewers say this spray will leave wavy or curly hair (from 2a–4c hair) shiny, soft, and bouncy. And it's free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic colors or dyes, propylene glycol, gluten, wheat, and nuts!
Promising review: "This is the BEST product EVER! I will never use another hair detangler ever again. We use this product daily in my house, my daughter, my son, and me. Both of us girls have long and thick curly hair, and it allows us to brush through our hair with no problems! And my son mostly uses it to style his hair before gel, and because it smells so good! We tried a few products from Walmart, Ulta, and Target, and nothing was good enough. This is now on my Subscribe & Save every month!" —Tamira McLelland
Get it from Amazon for $9.91 (also available in multipacks).
3. Elizavecca Collagen Protein Treatment revives and repairs all types of hair that have endured multiple dye jobs, intense heat tools, or sun damage. So you can achieve your silkiest, shiniest, run-your-fingers-through-with-ease hair in next to no time!
Promising reviews: "I have tried everything on the market to fix my damaged, bleached hair that keeps breaking off. I stumbled across this hair treatment on TikTok. I had never heard of it before but decided to give it a try. I used it for the first time yesterday, and I couldn't believe how amazing it made my hair feel and look. Its sooo soft, shiny, bouncy, and nourished. My bleached rat's nest now looks and feels like virgin hair again. Even my boyfriend noticed a huge difference in my hair. And you know it's a GOOD product when the boyfriend notices :D. I’m going to buy a lot more of this product." —Eline
"I have 4c hair and was looking for a protein treatment for my thin and fragile hair. I had recently used a product in my hair that had so much alcohol in it that it wreaked havoc on my hair, leaving it pretty damaged. I was very skeptical about this product because I have never seen anyone with my hair type use it. Boy was I wrong to doubt this product; it left my hair looking and feeling beautiful. I highly recommend it to anyone natural or with curly hair." —Therese-Claire
Get it from Amazon for $7.42.
And check out our full review of the Elizavecca CER-100 collagen protein treatment (#1).
4. Fanola Purple Shampoo tones and neutralizes yellow hues with purple pigment. The result? Icy blonde tresses that a) didn't cost you $100+ for a salon treatment and b) look like they belong on a hairspo Pinterest board.
Promising review: "I'm not one to leave reviews...but this product deserves it! Holy cow! I was going to go into the salon to brighten my hair up, but after discovering this product I cancelled my appointment. I'm totally in love! This shampoo is not drying at all and just after two washes I achieved my desired results! I can't recommend it enough!" —Rachael B.
And check out our Fanola No Yellow shampoo review.
5. And John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Shampoo elevates brown hues with shine-locking ingredients like natural cocoa and evening primrose oil. Expect deeper, richer, natural-looking shades — even after one wash.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Heather Braga says: "I recently received samples of this shampoo and conditioner and, honestly, wasn't sure if it was only for people who had dyed their hair dark. In fact, it is not! It's for brunettes of all kinds — natural and all!"
Promising review: "I purchased this John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo and my hair looks golden brown instead of brown with a lot of gray underneath. I didn't want the mess of coloring my own hair nor did I think I could do as good a job as my hairdresser, so I was so pleased that Frieda's shampoo did the job. I definitely recommend this shampoo along with the Brilliant Brunette Conditioner." —Dan Cremeans
Get it from Amazon for $9.79.
6. Revlon One-Step Dryer Brush handles two jobs in one go and cuts your routine in half so you can achieve silky smooth, frizz-free locks in ~30 minutes.
Unlike other hair dryers, this one can be held closer to the roots and scalp for a higher volume and lift and helps you curl hair at the end while it dries. It comes with three heat settings and is designed to work on all hair textures — reviewers with 2a–4c hair mentioned it working for them, and especially noted that it helps cut down on drying time!
Promising review: "PURCHASE THIS NOW. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I found this one TikTok and saw the gal's review and had to buy it. I have thick hair and this dries my hair in less than 15 minutes. PLUS I don’t have to fuss with a straightener or a curling iron if I don’t want to!! It leaves my hair so soft and shiny and gives it SO MUCH VOLUME! I recommend this to ANYONE I talk to about it. Seriously my favorite styling tool. Seriously so in love." —Sydney
Get it from Amazon for $39.87 (available in three styles).
7. Or! RobeCurls Heatless Hair Curler Set effortlessly styles slightly damp hair to reveal soft and luscious curls overnight — without the need to blast any heat source toward your strands. Just wrap your locks around the length of the rod and let it work its magic to build volume that admirers are raving lasts all day.
You'll get the satin curler and two scrunchies in the set.
RobeCurls is a woman-founded small business that specializes in heatless hair curling tools. Plus, this rod is designed to work with all hair types!
Promising review: "WOW!!!!! I can’t believe how well this works!!! I’ve seen this all over Instagram and TikTok, and wanted to try it. It’s so easy to put in, takes about a minute or two. Comfortable to sleep in. Then, you take it out, and it looks like you put all this effort into doing your hair. The curls turned out gorgeous, I’m so impressed!!" —Katie Oswalt
Get it from Amazon for $27.99 (available in five colors).
8. Hair Dance Dry Shampoo saves you from the despair of greasy bangs and roots with a *powder* formula that's more gentle than traditional sprays. This can soak up excess oil and add volume to treat and refresh your hair thanks to rice starch, lavender oil, and more — instead of just simply disguising oil-slicked roots.
Promising review: "I've been using this product for almost a year now. The first bottle lasted 10 months using it two to three times per week. I have thin, fine hair that gets weighed down easily. I do not use the tip to put this in my hair (that creates patches of white that are hard to distribute). Rather, I sprinkle a little powder in my hands, turn my head upside down, and work it into the roots. I've been able to go from washing my hair every day to washing it every fourth day because of this product. It smells wonderful and gives my hair extra body and fullness." —Waiting for Reign
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in two sizes).
Wanna learn more about dry shampoo? We rounded up the best dry shampoos (tried and tested by us, of course!).
9. Maxsoft Massaging Shampoo Brush soothes a dry, itchy scalp that's home to pesky dandruff. How? By a) reinvigorating, b) exfoliating, and c) stimulating the roots to really get that deep, deep clean. Plus, it can also be used to gently detangle any knots so post-shower styling can be over in a flash.
And! This just happens to be fan favorite among BuzzFeed Shopping writers — including myself. I have one of these shower companions, and while I don't use it every time I get sudsy, I usually run it through my hair after a few days of back-to-back dry shampooing. It really gets in there to clear up any buildup while also feeling like a nice little scalp massage.
Promising review: "Saw this on a Must Haves from Amazon on a TikTok video. I originally got it as a prank gift, but I ended up using it, and now, I use it all the time in the shower. The silicone bristles are phenomenal and help detangle my hair. This is perfect for those who have long nails and accidentally scratch their scalp when they shampoo. My scalp feels cleaner, and my hair has grown longer due to the circulation on my head." —Patricia Giron
Get it from Amazon for $6.98+ (available in three colors).
10. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Curl-Defining Cream gifts your tresses with a pillowy-soft formula you can simply comb through towel-dried hair. This = beautifully defined waves and spirals, that a) don't require any post-styling if you'd prefer to skip on blasting 'em with heat and b) won't leave you with a crunchy texture or flyaways!
A bonus? This stuff is free from parabens and provides a sulfate-free haircare system. Translation: This is gentle for use on all curl types and textures to help bump up your hair's natural strength.
My hair is the ~perfect~ combo of wavy, curly, and frizzy and this drugstore product has been a holy grail of mine for some time. I've found that it's the only formula that will give me soft, naturally curly waves come the a.m. and since I'm generally a nighttime hair washer, I have the perfect excuse to avoid blasting my hair with heat. Before hitting the pillow, I like to run my fingers through my towel-dried hair with a pea-sized amount of this, flip my mane over, and then give the ends a good scrunch. In the morn, my hair appears shiny with defined, wavy curls — we're not talking HD — but they have a nice, soft definition to them that doesn't require much styling.
Promising review: "Absolutely love this stuff! It's the one hair product I have to have. I rotate shampoos and conditioners but have never found anything to put on damp hair that I like as much as this. It says it's for curls, but works great on straight hair too. I have had super straight to very curly over the years and have loved this on all hair styles." —Bunco Queen of the Universe
Get it from Amazon for $7.97.
11. Verb Ghost Oil restores damaged tresses with an impressive, shine-inducing product. It is true to its name — you'll barely even notice this lightweight formula that smoothes frizz in just a few pumps. Its blend of moringa oil and essential nutrients fight humidity-causing fluffiness and promote all-day bouncy, star-studded locks.
Promising review: "I use this oil as a frizz control for my wavy/curly hair. I use it after diffusing and to refresh my day two hair. Works great at controlling frizz and I love the shine it adds to my strands without weighing them down or making them look greasy. The smell is a nice bonus, too! I will be buying again and would recommend to friends." —Sarahs
Read our Verb Ghost Oil review for more info!
12. Bread Beauty Hair-Mask envelops hair in thick, cloudlike softness without weighing strands down. Your hair's new BFF is packed with Australian Kakadu plum and starflower oil that, together, reinforce hair follicles — which means less breakage and more velvety-soft texture. One reviewer with 3c curls can be quoted as saying that it "moisturizes thirsty curls."
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black woman–owned business that excels in creating haircare for not so basic hair. And they cater for curl types 3a to 4c.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Boyd loves this — here's what she has to say: "I recently started using Bread products and I really love how lightweight and easy they are to use. Since I have mixed textured hair that's been frequently dyed, it tends to get very dry. After using this deep conditioner my hair felt so much better and softer. In addition to that, the smell is A-MA-ZING. Definitely one of my new favorite wash day products."
Promising review: "I love this product! The hair mask to beat all other hair masks — leaves my hair feeling soft and luxurious. I try to use it once weekly — let it sit on my dry hair for 20 minutes or so, then rinse it out and VOILÀ! Soft, happy hair that feels like its thirst has been quenched. Smells great, too :-)" —Cynthia
Get it from Bread Beauty Supply for $28.
13. Bestool Detangler Brush tells knots and tangles to take a hike with its unique, flexible combs that work to separate 3a to 4c hair — wet *or* dry! Gliding through your tresses without pain or breakage has never been more effortless, so you never have to fear wash day ever again.
Promising review: "This was the best purchase ever. I had braids and took them down three months later and if I didn't have this brush to get the knots and tangles out, I don't know what I would have done. I swear by this brush. It's a must-have. I have type 3c coil hair if you are wondering, but I recommend it for all hair types if you deal with knots and tangles." —Monica
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in five colors).