19 Quirks British People Don't Realise The Rest Of The World Finds Weird
Using "you alright?" as a greeting.
1. The amount we say "bye" on the phone before hanging up.
2. Eating beans on toast.
3. These signs.
4. Our passive-aggressive use of "you're welcome".
5. The phrase "taking the piss".
6. Ending messages with "x".
7. Greeting people with "you alright"?
8. The concept of TV licences.
9. The sheer variety of lightbulbs we use.
10. Putting carbs inside other carbs.
11. Pickle being a type of relish, as opposed to in North America where it means a pickled cucumber.
12. How sweary we all are.
13. Referring to all desserts as "pudding".
14. Apologising too much.
15. Our quiet acceptance of drinking from scaly kettles.
16. Adding milk to tea.
17. Full English breakfasts.
18. Root beer not being a commonly drunk thing.
19. And finally, the popularity of instant coffee.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.