These Women Had The Best Responses To Tampons Being Considered A "Luxury" Item
Can't wait to go home and treat myself to a nice hot bath, a box of chocolates, and a luxurious tampon.
After MPs voted against a motion forcing the Treasury to challenge Brussels over the “tampon tax”, some women have taken to Twitter to point out just how ridiculous the idea of tampons as a luxury item actually is.
1. This woman knows how to unwind ~luxuriously~.
2. Because sometimes you just need to treat yourself.
3. You owe it to yourself to have nice things.
4. And we all deserve to indulge now and again.
5. Who could resist? 😍
6. Especially when they come in such nice colours.
7. Who doesn't love pearls?
8. And why settle for anything less than luxury?
9. Go on and have that sanitary splurge.
10. Especially if you're having an off day.
11. Besides, tampons are as versatile as they are luxurious.
12. So when that payday comes round...
13. Treat. Yo. Self.
Last month, MPs voted against a Labour motion forcing the Treasury to challenge Brussels over the "tampon tax". An original version of this article incorrectly stated they had voted against scrapping the tax.