We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which book would make the most romantic V-day gift. Here’s what they said.
6. All the Words Are Yours by Tyler Knott Gregson
“It’s a collection of love haiku. I’m not even a poetry fan, but his writing is breathtakingly beautiful and hopelessly romantic. It will honestly give you a deeper understanding of what it is to love.”
8. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
“It isn’t one of those love-at-first-sight deals and it’s so realistic and beautifully written. Even with the characters’ difficult pasts, everything was so relatable. The characters didn’t love each other out of need but out of this weird friendship they gained.”
9. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
“First and foremost it’s a great book that is well-written and extremely thoughtful. It’s about a lot of different relationship types, and reflects on them in a way that leaves you yearning for more. The book really affected how I see the world and the people around me. It may not be super romantic, but romance and love is about more than just love between a couple. Jellicoe Road has it all — the love between friends, family, siblings and couples.”
—Ellen Summer, Facebook
10. If on a winter’s night a traveler by Italo Calvino
“This book is written in second-person point-of-view and is a journey in finding the right book — it will take you through a labyrinth that ultimately ends in finding your one true love.”
—GapBoo Ahn, Facebook
17. The Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins
“It’s an amazing romantic comedy trilogy. Every girl — Anna, Lola, and Isla — gets her own love story. As you go through the series, their stories intertwine, as if they all met each other in their own books. It’s so cute!!!”
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳