With Star Wars: Episode VII currently in production, Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams elected not to make an appearance at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend.
And yet the Force remained strong among the multitudes of Star Wars fans flooding into San Diego — be they Lukes, Leias, Han Solos, Stormtroopers, Jabba the Huts, or fans in spirit if not in costume. Some of them shared with BuzzFeed the number one thing they most want to see in the new movie.
2. Some had logical requests.
10. Others seem less likely.
12. Some suggestions were flat-out amazing.
Jack Davis (he meant Darth Sidious, aka Emperor Palpatine)
Madeline Masquerade, who added, “I know she’s older, but older women can still be strong.”
19. Others were rather predictable.
He declined to give his name, but his Stormtrooper designation is “AK-2643.”
Stacey Bender and Leeanna Vamp
27. A couple had casting suggestions.
29. Some simply wanted “more.”
35. While others are hoping for “less.”
Sebastian M. Finck
37. Some revealed what they DON’T want to see.
39. And more than anything else, people do not want THIS!
Kelly and Sarah McConville
46. But in the end, I think everyone would agree on this.
47. Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled for release on Dec. 18, 2015.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.