On May 6, RuPaul gathered all her queens (Season 6 and all those who’ve come before) to tape RuPaul’s Drag Race: Reunited at The Ace Theater in Downton Los Angeles. BuzzFeed was on the scene to clock all the catty red carpet comments, dishy dressing room dirt, and amazing audience asides.
Here are the 17 best quotes overheard throughout the night — all names have been withheld to protect the shady.
1. “Oh my God, there is oil everywhere!”
2. “I made myself look huge in these feathers so I could eat this cheese.”
3. “Maria Von Trapp is a huge fashion inspiration for me.”
4. “We need a fluffer and someone to tie this bow tie.”
5. “Oh, that’s a new kind of peal necklace for her.”
6. “A queen cannot rest on her laurels. A queen will never get anywhere in life by thinking I’m too legendary. Legends die and get put in tombs.”
7. “You better padabure for Jesus, girl.”
8. “I’m just airing out my tuck.”
9. “You better not light a match; there’s so much AquaNet, this place will go up like a mushroom cloud.”
10. “Am I a reporter or a gynecologist?”
11. “Watch yourself, a shady elephant never forgets.”
12. “We’re all big dudes in wigs, and it’s a fucking party!”
13. “I’m not really good at reading. I don’t like books.”
14. “Do not deprive a drag queen of alcohol.”
15. “These bitches will steal your jokes, they will steal your look, and they will definitely steal your purse. They’re some shady fucking apes. Shady Apes!”
16. “Ask your assistant, I think she brought edibles.”
17. “Out of drag, I look like a foot.”
RuPaul’s Drag Race airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on Logo
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀