17 Little Things You're Doing That Annoy The Hell Out Of Hotel Workers
Show a little respect.
1. When guests think they can get whatever they want, whenever they want.
2. When a guest thinks the receptionist is lying about the hotel having no rooms available.
3. When a guest make a mess and doesn't inform staff.
4. When customers loiter in the hotel lobby.
5. When guests try to check-in super early.
6. When guests think they know better than the hotel staff.
7. When guests approach complaints with a hostile attitude.
8. When guests make impossible requests.
9. When guests leave an insulting tip.
10. When guests avoid speaking face-to-face.
11. When guests view a minor inconvenience as a chance to get a refund or an upgrade.
12. When guests treat the staff like personal servants.
13. When guests leave a negative review online, despite not complaining once during their stay.
14. When guests remain on their phones while you're talking to them – especially during check-in.
15. When guests make zero effort to clean up after themselves.
16. When guests who are members of a loyalty scheme expect an impossibly hight standard of service.
17. When a guest wants a problem fixed but won't allow you to fix it.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.