We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the things hotel guests do that really annoy them. Here are some of the responses…
1. When guests think they can get whatever they want, whenever they want.
2. When a guest thinks the receptionist is lying about the hotel having no rooms available.
3. When a guest make a mess and doesn't inform staff.
4. When customers loiter in the hotel lobby.
5. When guests try to check-in super early.
6. When guests think they know better than the hotel staff.
7. When guests approach complaints with a hostile attitude.
8. When guests make impossible requests.
9. When guests leave an insulting tip.
10. When guests avoid speaking face-to-face.
11. When guests view a minor inconvenience as a chance to get a refund or an upgrade.
12. When guests treat the staff like personal servants.
13. When guests leave a negative review online, despite not complaining once during their stay.
14. When guests remain on their phones while you're talking to them – especially during check-in.
15. When guests make zero effort to clean up after themselves.
16. When guests who are members of a loyalty scheme expect an impossibly hight standard of service.
17. When a guest wants a problem fixed but won't allow you to fix it.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.