As if Super Bowl excitement wasn’t high enough, Marvel Studios debuted the first full-length trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier during America’s biggest sporting event.
The sequel to 2011’s Captain America: The First Avenger picks up two years after the events of the 2012 film The Avengers with Steve Rogers, aka Captain America (Chris Evans) living quietly in Washington, D.C. But when a fellow S.H.I.E.L.D. member is attacked, he joins forces with the Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and a new ally, the Falcon (Anthony Mackie), as they find themselves up against the very fierce new villain: the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan).
The new trailer (above) offers glimpses at Mackie’s Falcon and Stan’s Winter Soldier (aka James “Bucky” Barnes) as well as Robert Redford (who plays Alexander Pierce) and Nick Fury himself Samuel L. Jackson. Newcomers Emily VanCamp (who plays Agent 13) and Frank Grillo (who plays Brock Rumlow / Crossbones) and returning stars Cobie Smulders and Hayley Atwell also appear in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, due out April 4.
To add a special Super Bowl touch to the trailer’s premiere, Fox Sports broadcaster Joe Buck introduced a special 30-second spot (below) on Sunday night — which includes short scenes from the upcoming Marvel movie set to an instrumental version of the National Anthem — to tease the trailer’s world premiere online.
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters on April 4, 2014.
- "I'm that guy that pollers missed:" Trump bros are coming out of the shadows after finding their "safe space."
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿