1. To advance the cause of science, Egon volunteers to experience the ghost trap.
2. I doubt there were many people who, whether they liked him or not, didn't respect him. Even fellow Chicagoan President Obama released a statement, quoting a line from Caddyshack.
3. He was never afraid to tread new ground, broaching subjects that were taboo or not in the mainstream.
4. "My characters aren't losers. They're rebels. They win by their refusal to play by everyone else's rules."
5. "I never work just to work. It's some combination of laziness and self-respect.'
6. "I feel a big obligation to the audience, almost in a moral sense, to say something useful. If I'm going to spend a year of my life on these things, I want something that I feel that strongly about."
7. "You just make sure you don't screw it up. It's going to work as long as you don't mess it up."
8. "That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me."
9. "My job is to come up with something that you like and you agree with that you would play wholeheartedly. If we disagree, I may not be doing my job correctly."
10. "No matter what I have to say, I'm still trying to say it in comedic form."
11. Gone, but not forgotten.
12. Thank you Mr. Ramis.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!