1. One-time UKIP donator Demetri Marchessini declared in an open letter today that “there is no such word as ‘homophobic’”.
His logic? The word has mixed etymology, with ‘homo’ having Latin origins, and ‘phobia’ being Greek. Using that foolproof strategy, let’s take a look at some other things which definitely aren’t real.
8. We’ve been deceived for years - who knew?! Thanks to Marchessini, we now know that it’s totally cool to stick our fingers in plug sockets and hate on gay people. Great!
Demetri Marchessini: Bringer of Realness, since 2014.
From Demetri (Greek) + Marchessini (Italian).
- The House voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Bill O'Reilly apologized after making what some are calling an "openly racist" remark about Rep. Maxine Waters' hair.