1. Handkerchief-hem tops that answer the question "Does it bell-sleeve?"
2. Because there must always be something hanging from your sleeves or hem.
3. And I'm unclear on whether or not I'm supposed to still like tie-dye.
I still do.
4. And I'm blaming the Olsen twins for all of my awkward middle-school pictures in bandannas.
5. "I'm a hip badass, but I'm also patriotic." And note the notch neck.
6. Rhinestones really had a way of bringing out the color in animal graphics.
7. Camisole, low-rise skirt, and done.
8. You probably tried some very similar tops at a Wet Seal once.
9. The early aughts were all about Hawaii and halter-necks.
10. Another notch on the notch-neck count!
11. Nothing said "Great top!" quite like gauziness and ruffles.
12. You may have wanted a top like that, but knew you'd never be allowed to wear it to school.
13. More hip patriotism, brought to you by the tie-shoulder blouse.
14. "Do they bell-sleeve?" Yes and yes.
15. Ruching really ties the blouse together.
16. Flutter sleeves! Deep vee! Necklines were really all about being cami-friendly.
17. And the graphic tee, now with more ruffled sleeves.
18. And while you had your layering camis, you also had your fashion camis. Those ones had a contrasting lace trim.
19. One-shoulder tanks were the perfect canvas for Snoopy's Anglophilia.
20. The Earl Jean corduroy jacket was all over early aughts TV.
21. "What is the DEAL with ruffles?"
22. And they should be vertical ruffles.
23. Gauzy tops also put your camisoles to much use.
24. It's kind of like having sleeves. But also kind of not.
25. More from the ~funky~ graphic tee department; now in peplum.
26. Oh no, they weren't like just any graphic tee.
27. If you weren't actually wearing a top over your long-sleeved one, you could get a top that made it look like you were.
28. "Does it bell-sleeve?" Sort of. It gathers again at the wrist. You needed some tops that were easier to wear while dining.
29. We needed our stinkin' patches.
30. "Does it bell-sleeve?" Naturally.
31. How are we now living a world where most thermals use same-color stitching?
32. I think every teen store made this top in the 00s.
33. It's the third notch for a notch-neck and the reappearance of the Union Jack...
34. Which sometimes can come shiny with rhinestone peace signs.
35. Meanwhile, asymmetrical tops really hit their stride.
36. East-Asian prints were all the rage. Cross-over tops were on the rise. It was mental.
37. Did you have trust issues or did you have a backless top?
38. Would you match your paillette purse with your paillette top, or were they better as separates?
39. Here's the to range in shoulder styles!
40. Proving once again that contrasting sherpa made every coat more covetable.
Of course!Maybe some of them.Definitely not.I never did and I never will.
Aughts Fashions You Once Coveted
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later
Looks like we are having a problem on the server.
Would you still wear these fashions?
vote votesOf course!
vote votesMaybe some of them.
vote votesDefinitely not.
vote votesI never did and I never will.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!