28 Skincare Products Under $20 From Amazon With Hundreds Of Truly Noteworthy Reviews
Just a few effective skincare products that won't break the bank.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase
1. Neutrogena's Sheer Zinc Mineral Sunscreen with SPF 50 that's at the top of this list because your skin produces its own ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and cleanses and exfoliates itself. But what doesn't it do on its own? Protect itself from sun damage that can lead to acne, pre-mature aging, and even skin cancer. So, do yourself a favor, and wear sunscreen every day.
2. COSRX's Propolis Light Cream to help soothe away any redness or inflammation you may be experiencing.
3. A Pixi Glow Tonic that is a cult-favorite, and for good reason, too. This chemical exfoliator contains 5% glycolic acid that works to whisk away dead skin cells from the surface, revealing a texture-free glow underneath.
4. Adapalene's 0.1% Differin Gel, that'll clear up acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and even smooth out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I've used this gel in the past, and my skin was baby-smooth after getting over the inevitable first few weeks of dryness.
5. Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser to remove the day's leftover grime from pollution, makeup, and excess sebum, all without stripping your skin's barrier.
6. Naturium's niacinamide serum that'll have your skin looking as bright as ever. Niacinamide is your go-to ingredient for an even, dark spot-free texture.
7. Derma-E's Acne Blemish Control Treatment, because although we can't zap our zits away, we can at least use amazing spot treatments like this one by Derma-E.
8. Avène's Thermal Spring Water Spray that'll deliver vital vitamins and minerals your skin needs to flourish.
9. Acure's vitamin C and ferulic acid serum, because antioxidants are so important when trying to fight off free radicals. Vitamin C and ferulic acid work to protect your skin against environmental stressors, while at the same time brightening the complexion.
10. Weleda's Skin Food that is technically a body cream, but works amazingly as an overnight moisturizing mask on the face. I've been using this at night for years, and I always wake up with even, dewy skin, no matter what.
11. Cetaphil's DermaControl Purifying Clay Mask to reduce the appearance of acne and keep excess sebum at bay.
12. Aztec Secret's Indian Healing Clay Mask that's another industry favorite, and for great reasons. This mask works amazingly to soak up excess pore-clogging sebum, effectively reducing the appearance of acne. Pro tip: mix in ACV and honey into your mask to add in some anti-microbial effects to this at-home spa day.
13. Bliss' pumpkin enzyme resurfacing mask, to try if your skin is just a smidge too sensitive for AHAs and BHAs. Pumpkin enzymes gentle eat away at dead skin cells while brightening the skin. Oh, and this mask smells like pumpkins, #win.
14. The Body Shop'stea tree skin-clearing face mask that I use regularly to calm down the hormonal breakouts I deal with on the regular. It has tea tree oil in it, which has been proven to reduce appearance of even the angriest of red bumps.
15. Heritage Store's rosewater and glycerin toning face mist, because the best way to keep the skin smooth and plump is through regular daily spritzes! Keep this near you for a spray that will soothe and hydrate the skin.
16. Hero Cosmetics' Rescue Balm that I use on my post-adult-acne dark spots that seem like they'll never go away. This formula has panthenol that will hydrate the area while beta glucan works overtime to diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
18. Shea Moisture's African Black Soap that will renew your skin as easy as 1, 2, 3. I have been using this cleanser for years, and I can firmly say that it is the only cleanser that keeps my skin clear and glowing all at once.
19. Seoul Ceuticals' Marine Mineral Plump and Glow essence, because essence is a K-Beauty secret to glowing, glass-like skin. Incorporate this essence into your routine after your toner and before your serums to deliver a surge of water to your skin.
21. Skinfood's Egg White Pore Mask that will remove blackheads from the nose like nothing else. Consider this mask if you find yourself pining over the satisfying goodness that is the end of a Dr. Pimple Popper video.
22. Bliss' hydrating eye gel to decrease puffiness in the under eye area while brightening the appearance of dark circles.
23. Burt's Bees intensely hydrating cream cleanser for those of you who battle with dry skin. This cleanser is great at taking away all the buildup-causing grime while leaving your skin smooth and hydrated.
24. Mamonde's Lip Sleeping Mask, because lip care is so important! The skin our the lips is the only skin on the face that doesn't self-moisturize, so consider this mask to deliver an intense amount of moisture to your puckers.
25. Rael's pimple patches that I use whenever I feel a zit coming on. These pimple patches work to bring acne bumps to their head quicker, which means healing time is quicker, too. It also creates a seal that makes it impossible for you to pick, which is so important because you should never pick your pimples!
26. Evereden's Baby Lip Balm that, although it is technically for babies, I love for hydrating my dry and cracked winter lips.
27. A The Ordinary's hyaluronic acid serum containing vitamin B5, an extraordinary ingredient for delivering a surge of moisture to the skin while simultaneously protecting the skin's lipid barrier. We recommend purchasing as many as you can grab a hold of.
28. And a set of muslin washcloths, because there is no better physical exfoliation than that of a muslin washcloth. These cloths gently slough dead skin cells from the skin, while doing as little damage as possible to your skin's barrier. I use a muslin washcloth every night, and I *promise* I attribute my glow to this simple little piece of cloth.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.