DIY Bookcase Bench
High density foam (at least 1 in thick)
6 Screws (1.5 inches)
1. Turn the bookcase onto its side and measure the length and width of the bookcase.
2. Ensure that the MDF board and foam are cut to the length and width of the bookcase.
3. Stack the MDF board directly on top of the bookcase, and the foam on top of the MDF board.
4. Cut cotton batting large enough to wrap around both the board and the foam with approximately 4 extra inches on each side, fold it under the MDF board.
5. Cut the fabric large enough to fit around the batting, with approximately 4 extra inches on each side, fold it under the MDF board.
6. Flip everything over so that the MDF board is facing upward. Tightly fold over the corners of the fabric and batting and staple them to the MDF board. Staple the fabric and batting down all across the middle as well.
7. Flip the seat cushion back over so that the foam is facing upward.
8. Optional: Drill the seat cushion to the bookcase by drilling from under the bookcase and into the MDF board.