2. “You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.” —James Baldwin
3. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly — they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.” —Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
4. “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” —Groucho Marx
7. “You want to know about anybody? See what books they read, and how they’ve been read…” —Keri Hulme, The Bone People
18. “Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” —Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
22. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx
28. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” —C.S. Lewis
29. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” —John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
All quotes via Goodreads.
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌