2. “You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.” —James Baldwin
3. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly — they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.” —Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
4. “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” —Groucho Marx
7. “You want to know about anybody? See what books they read, and how they’ve been read…” —Keri Hulme, The Bone People
18. “Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” —Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
22. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx
28. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” —C.S. Lewis
29. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” —John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
All quotes via Goodreads.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀