2. “You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.” —James Baldwin
3. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly — they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.” —Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
4. “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” —Groucho Marx
7. “You want to know about anybody? See what books they read, and how they’ve been read…” —Keri Hulme, The Bone People
18. “Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” —Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
22. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx
28. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” —C.S. Lewis
29. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” —John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
All quotes via Goodreads.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.