21 Thing That Every Woman Who's Not A "Girly Girl" Will Understand
A whole life spent explaining that you just want to be comfortable.
1. The longest you could stand playing dress-up growing up was about 15 minutes.
2. You had fun playing with the other girls, but you REALLY loved playing games like catch and Simon Says.
3. And Playmobil was always more appealing than Barbie.
4. Weddings, birthday parties, and graduation parties were torture because of those frilly dresses and bows.
5. Your parents were always bugging you to sit up straight because your posture was always so bad.
6. And everyone was always telling you to watch your mouth.
7. Your notebooks were doodled all over, unlike your friends' super organized notebooks full of neat, tidy handwriting.
8. It took you a while to figure out the whole bra thing.
9. You've never bothered to figure out what your "face shape" is.
10. And if you wear makeup, it's usually a mess.
11. Which isn't that big of a deal, because the only things you use most days is concealer or maybe mascara.
12. And when you do put on a little lipstick every once in a while, everyone loses their minds and thinks you're SUPER MADE-UP or something.
13. You don't understand why your friends need an hour to get ready before going out.
14. You can't recall the last time you flipped through a "women's magazine."
15. You've lost count of how many roundabout ways people have tried to ask about your sexuality.
16. And you feel cold shivers when you have to spend hours at the salon.
17. Nail polish lasts for about 15 minutes on your nails.
18. You wouldn't even know where to start with exfoliating, toning, moisturizing, and all that other stuff. That's just not a part of your life.
19. Your clothes are, above all else, extremely comfortable.
20. Your shoes are three things: flat, easy to take off, and easy to put on.
21. Heels? HAHAHA
Contributors: Tatiana Cancoro and Clarissa Passos.