2. Nancy Lee Grahn has met these women in her 20-year career as Alexis Cassadine on General Hospital.
5. Nancy had a lot to say:
8. She even went on to suggest that Viola Davis has never even been discriminated against as a black woman in Hollywood:
9. She tried to clarify her statements with an “all actress matter” statement:
11. But people were having none of it:
18. Mostly, people have no idea who she is:
23. Praying for your mentions, Nancy.
24. Update: Nancy has issued an apology:
“I apologize for my earlier tweets and now realize I need to check my own privilege. My intention was not to take this historic and important moment from Viola Davis or other women of color but I realize that my intention doesn’t matter here because that is what I ended up doing. I learned a lot tonight and I admit that there are still some things I don’t understand but I am trying to and will let this be a learning experience for me.”