We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A posture corrector designed to help put your back in the proper alignment, relieving pain and helping you gain stability in your spine. With time and practice, it develops your back's muscle memory. Soon you'll be feeling tons of relief from sitting at your desk all day. It's also discreet enough to wear under your shirt.
Begin using the posture corrector for just 20–30 minutes a day before you start to increase to one to two hours daily.
Promising review: "We got this since we’re both working from home full-time during the pandemic and it’s clearly having a negative impact on our posture that our home office is now extended to the deck and our sofa! This thing is about as comfortable as it can be for what it’s doing, we wear it for about an hour a day each and it has absolutely improved back pain and posture. It came with extra Velcro pieces to extend for those with larger shoulders, which is a nice touch. This is a good, quick investment for those of us who have a hard time buying a $300+ ergonomic chair for a home office!" —emthehuman
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
2. Noise-reducing earplugs that'll block background noise juuust enough so you can concentrate on work without that eerie "sound" you get from noise-cancelling headphones. You know the one. This is also perfect if you're sensitive to sounds!
I live on a very busy street and with my sensory issues, the sounds of trucks and motorcycles are too much during the day. I wear these all the time and they muffle those loud, distracting noises but still allow me to watch TV!
Promising review: "These are hands down the BEST earplugs I have ever purchased. They a discreet (not hot pink), easy to insert and remove, easy to clean, and most important they are comfortable. They come with three different sized tips to attach. This works perfect for me, as one ear requires a smaller size than the other. They fit a bit like earbuds but are much more comfortable. I can wear them for hours and they don't hurt my ears at all. They block out just the right amount of background noise, but I can still hear well enough to not be startled by someone walking up beside me who I didn't first see. I am so thankful for these earplugs, they have given me the freedom to be in public places without feeling overwhelmed by everyday sounds." —Ann G.
Get it from Amazon for $26.95.
3. A ChomChom roller to gather up the pet hair that's accumulated on your chair from your fur baby making it their bed when you got up to use the bathroom. It also has a little compartment that stores the fur for easy cleaning!
Promising review: "I have had many different pet hair rollers and this beats everything hands down. The compartment that traps the hair is genius. With many pet hair removal tools the hair sort of flies in the air a little, you have handfuls, or have to clean the brush on something...this baby traps the fur in a little compartment that is easy to empty. I sent links to this product to lots of my friends who are owned by cats and told them it will be life-changing." —DLB
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
4. A set of cable clips that'll finally detangle that clump of cables that no matter how much time you spend unraveling it, can't seem to stay apart. Plus, you'll look super organized and put together, two things no one can ever call me, even with these.
Promising review: "I love these cable clips and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an easy way to organize cables! It sounds cheesy but they have made my life so much easier. I have one attached to the back of my bedside table in my bedroom and two on my desk at work. It makes my desk look neat and organized and is also extremely functional. I don’t have to worry about cords getting in the way or putting something like a coaster on top of them to keep them from falling behind furniture anymore. The price point is incredibly cheap for such a quality product and the amount that you get! I’m very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy more if I found more places in my home or office that I could use them!" —Kayla Carroll
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $6.96.
5. A multi-plug outlet for when you only have one measly outlet in your little office corner, but have a ton of electronics you use.
Promising review: "I was constantly having to unplug something in my kitchen to make room for charging my iPhone or watch or using the slow cooker or any of the other half-dozen things I wanted to use at the most convenient spot in the house...the kitchen counter. My 140-year-old house has a distinct shortage of outlets in the kitchen, so this product looked like a good option. It exceeded my expectations and has made my electronic life much simpler. Features that I love other than the excellent number of outlet options it gives are that it screws into place (so it doesn’t pull out of the outlet when you try to unplug something), the versatility of having the USB ports, and the light feature that I appreciate a stupid amount. Yeah, the light switch is right next to it on the wall, but who wants to flip on a light just to plug something in? So basically the price was great, it arrived quickly, and it looks nice. I have a cordless phone plugged in, plus an Echo Show, my Apple Watch charger, my iPad, and an iPhone plugged in with outlets to spare. I’ll run out of counter space before I run out of outlets." —HappyCarnivore
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
6. Dry-erase sticky notes, because I can't be the only one who has had 900 Post-it Notes everywhere with dated notes on them. In comes the reusable dry-erase stickers! When you're done, just wipe them clean! They also stick to basically *any* surface. I have these. Can confirm.
Promising review: "Love the reuse factor, ease of use, durability, and size (cut a couple of 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" into fourths for smaller notes). I washed them off when they lost a bit of their stickiness and they continue to attach really well to walls, computer screens, cellphones, mirrors, doors, the fridge, car dash, wherever I used to put paper stickies. M.C. Squares stickies actually stick better than paper stickies on some surfaces! I also use them at the school where I work to leave notes for teachers and students on desks, laptops, doors, etc." —KJP
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in four sizes).
7. An essential-oil diffuser to create a soothing environment that'll calm the mind from those never ending email notifications. It *also* functions as a humidifier.
It has two misting modes, continuous and intermittent, which will mist and pause for 30 seconds. It also has eight colors you can change it to to match your current mood or ambience. The best part? It will automatically shut off when it's out of water so you can sleep soundly knowing it won't break or cause any safety issues.
Don't forget to buy some essential oils so you can make your home smell nice!
Promising review: "This diffuser is amazing. Easy to control color/water output, small and compact, easy to clean, and outright beautiful. It's great for my apartment; I can finally cover up the totally-not-pot smell that the previous tenant so graciously left me. It's also great for setting up a romantic environment when the significant other comes over. Just a heads-up — if you have a dog, try not to diffuse tea tree oil, or do it in a place where the dog doesn't go. It's bad for their nervous system. I think it's the same with cats as well, but I'm not sure." —Amazon customer
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in five colors).
8. A foot Shiatsu massager so you can relax those tired feet *while* working. Why? Because you're a multi-tasker and need some fresh feet for your after-work Zumba class.
This massager is equipped with a rotating ball, rolling stick, a heat function, and offers a deep-kneading Shiatsu massage. It has three kneading and three squeezing intensities to choose from, so you can find something that works for your pain and sensitivities. Also, it can accommodate up to a men's size 12 foot.
Promising review: "I suffer from plantar fasciitis in my right foot and am 10 months out from a broken left foot that rolled and caused extensive soft tissue damage. My feet were hurting 24/7 and I could hardly walk on them. I ordered the foot massager and have used it for a total of three to four hours per day for the last five days and my feet are better than they have been since before I broke my left foot!!" —L
Get it from Amazon for $139.99 (available in two colors).
9. A desktop vacuum cleaner because we spend at least eight hours at our desks working (and snacking), which means crumbs happen. This mini vacuum will suck up all the crud, keeping the work station clean and ready to be used. Long story short, yes, you can go back to eating your Nature Valley bars with confidence.
Add two AA batteries for a cord-free experience! BTW, batteries will last 90 minutes, but you can always just plug the vacuum in and use it like that.
Promising review: "Holy geez where was this all my life? This is the perfect crumb catcher/sweeper for your table. Have little ones who leave toast crumbs everywhere? Or a husband who drops little bits of stuff? This will vacuum it all up and voilà, clean table! It’s a nice compact size and can pick up sizable crumbs easily. I’m gifting these for Xmas!" —Kestrel
Get it from Amazon for $13.98+ (available in two colors and five styles).
10. A mug warmer that'll keep your morning coffee warm for literally the entire day, but definitely in time for that 2:30 feeling.
This bad boy will heat up your drink up to 131 degrees F! Also, you don't have to worry about accidental spills, because it's covered with thermal conductive glass.
Promising review: "This little thing is quality in its build, appealing to keep in sight all day, and most importantly it keeps your coffee LITERALLY as hot as when you made it. When the coffee gets low, it's often /hotter/ than when I made it. Before this product, I had no idea what a "gravity switch" was. It just means that it activates when you set your mug on it and turns off when you remove the weight. Super convenient and works like a charm. I absolutely love this thing, and with a mug with a lid I've been able to go to meetings with hot coffee, return to my desk an hour later with warm coffee, and have hot coffee again in five minutes." —Nick Monreal
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in three colors).
11. Or a glass cup if you prefer to have iced coffee (or tea or matcha!) as your choice of caffeine.
Moontide Creations Co is a queer-owned small business based out of Holyoke, Massachusetts that specializes in glass cups with unique designs.
Promising review: "I bought this glass as a gift for my sister, and she absolutely LOVES it! She actually hides it from her roommates because she doesn't want anyone else to use it haha There was a slight issue with the shipping in the beginning, but Libby was so responsive and helpful - she really put my mind at ease, and was easily reachable up through delivery confirmation. Would absolutely buy from this shop again!" —Jessica Armbruster
12. A Birthdate Candle to add a bit of ambience to your WFH space while paying homage to the best day of the year: my birthday. OK, fine. *Your* birthday.
The candles are an all-natural blend of soy, coconut, and apricot wax and custom natural fragrance oils. The jar is a recyclable premium glass jar with a 100% cotton wick. Each candle burns for about 60–80 hours.
Birthdate Candles is a small business that sells candles based on specific days of the year *and* also zodiac ones, each one having its own unique scent!
Promising review: "I got this and the book for my bestie for her birthday and it came together in the cutest packaging! The candle smells so good and looks so pretty I can't wait for her to receive it!" —Natalie M.
Get it from Birthdate Candles for $49.99.
13. A rose-gold rechargeable electric lighter so you can easily light your new candles without having to deal with wasteful matches that create too much smoke.
This one is not only *so* pretty, but it's completely flameless. Also, it has a long stem so you can feel safe lighting even the last bit of candle wax remaining in the jar.
Promising review: "Works like a charm. I knew immediately that I needed it. I love candles and this is so much better than a match or lighter. It’s kept a charge for months. I use it several times a month." —dwhite3012
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in five colors).
14. A PhoneSoap sanitizer because after the last two years, we have definitely become very aware of germs and our phone is one of the biggest culprits. Flashback to me reaching for Cheetos and touching my phone screen with my grubby fingers. Ugh.
Yes, the photo on the right IS from a reviewer who tested the bacteria levels on their daughter's and husband's phones before and after use. GROSS.
Promising review: "I work in a large dental clinic with 50+ docs and even more assistants. Anyone who knows about dentistry knows that there are a lot of aerosols given out during almost every procedure. Since we don't have a radio in the operatories, I've had to use my phone for music. Before phone soap I had to wipe my phone down every time with Cavicide wipes...not the best for your phone. Enter PhoneSoap! I'm able to sanitize my phone without destroying it with Cavicide! We've even tested and swabbed the phone for cultures before and after...this sucker works! Hands down, great investment. I'll be buying another one for the home because this one is staying in my office." —James
Get it from Amazon for $59.99+ (available in six colors).
15. A fleece blanket to keep you cozy and warm at your desk and even on those especially gloomy days when you bring your laptop to the couch to watch heart-warming Hallmark movies while you answer emails and prepare spreadsheets.
Promising review: "Love this blanket so much that I’m planning to order several more as Christmas gifts!! It is SO soft, great quality, and goes perfect with my decor. It has the feel of a much more expensive blanket." —Amazon customer
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in four sizes and 27 colors).
16. Or a weighted blanket because work can sometimes be stressful and nerve-wracking. As someone who suffers from anxiety, my blanket almost immediately calms me down enough to stop panicking, allowing me to focus on my breathing.
Unlike most weighted blankets, one side of this one is made with a plush, mink-like fur, and the other is made of 100% cotton! Deep touch pressure is scientifically proven to help release serotonin in your system, which has a calming effect and is basically what your body uses to feel better (and calm down!).
Promising review: "I bought this blanket because I have anxiety, depression, and insomnia. I have never felt so calm or relaxed before. It has improved my sleep quite a bit. I am very happy with my purchase and love that it is well-made and fully machine-washable!" —Stephanie
Get a 15-pound blanket from Layla Sleep for $90 (originally $180, available in 20 and 25 pounds).
17. An adjustable wobble stool so you can replace your office chair and rock around while sitting (perfect for my fidgety movements, honestly) You can even adjust it to a near-standing angle — the possibilities seem endless *and* you'll be more focused at work!
Uncaged Ergonomics is a small business that specializes in, well you guesses it, ergonomic desks and chairs to make your workday more comfortable *and* more productive.
BuzzFeed writer Mallory Mower says: "This chair is SO GREAT. I got it after worrying about how often I was slouching during work. The adjustments make it easy to use while sitting or mostly standing (I use both daily) and it really does keep my posture in check. The best benefit for me has been the increased focus — the movement is great when spending so much time at my desk."
Promising review: "Simple. I stand or sit on command, which helps my back. Thanks to this chair, I've even increased sales. How, you ask? Before I had this I would walk away and not get work done; now I alternate positions and get lots more done. TA-DA!" —Louis
18. A surprisingly effective essential-oil stick infused with peppermint, spearmint, and lavender to ease those pesky migraine and tension headaches you get during the workday or because your cat won't stop meowing for treats. Oh, just me?
Promising review: "I have had tension and migraine headaches for around 20 years. I have tried everything. OTC medication, prescription medication, pain injections, chiropractor etc... This topical oil has given me relief for nearly six weeks now. I have only had two to three headaches in that time, and they were mild. I ordered more already so I have some in my car and at home, and I bought some for two of my friends who suffer from chronic migraines. I would recommend this product to anyone with migraines. It is phenomenal." —Mary D.
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
19. A comfy memory foam chair cushion because sometimes work is just waaay too long and we deserve some extra cushion for the tush.
Promising review: "Works great and helps to relieve some pressure from sitting. This is a great memory foam cushion for office chairs or your couch. You really can feel the difference. This is thick, and feels like it will last for a really long time. I've been using mine for a couple of weeks and already feel a little better. The cover is removable for washing, and the stitching is done really well. I recommend this to anyone who has to sit for more than a few hours." —phillygrl
Get it from Amazon for $29.70 (available in three colors).
20. An Echo Dot so Alexa can tell you what the weather will be like to plan the perfect outfit, play your favorite song while working, set alarms so you don't miss any meetings, and more — all without having to pick up your phone.
This compact smart speaker can play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smarthome devices, and more.
Promising review: "I absolutely love it! Bought to use as a radio/ambient-noise device as I fall asleep, but now realize the capabilities FAR exceeded what I initially purchased it for, so I also use it as an alarm clock, Bluetooth speaker for my iPad, personal assistant ('Alexa, add milk to my shopping list'), and Amazon Music speaker (which I never used until buying the Dot). The sound quality is really good, especially considering it’s small size and relatively 'budget-friendly' price. I definitely recommend to anyone, and if you’re a Prime member...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR. Don’t even 'add to cart,' just click 'buy now' and watch your life get simpler." —Dave S
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
21. A USB-C multiport adapter because having a laptop is convenient until you need some extra ports for work that it doesn't come with. Just plug it into your laptop's USB-C port and you'll have so much more room for activities!
This adapter has ports for USB, SD, and Micro SD, and HDMI. Each of the three USB port have 5Gbps transfer speed, the HDMI streams in 4K or 1080p, and there is a capacity of up to 2TB for the SD cards.
Promising review: "This USB C Hub comes with a great quality for a great price. Definitely worth my money. It is light weighted and small size, so it is easy for traveling. With this hub, I can connect my mouse and keyboard with my MacBook pro without having to buy expensive ones from Apple store. It even supports HDMI, which helps me connect my MacBook Pro with my screen and projector! I wish I can get this earlier. This hub is a pretty cool design! I would highly recommend this to people who need a hub like this and don't want to spend a lot of money." —Zhanpeng Wang
Get it from Amazon for $21.24+ (available in six colors).
22. A rotating timer to try out the Pomodoro technique and see if this is the hidden key to finally making you productive at work. You basically work for 25 minutes, take a small break, repeat until you finish all of your work!
The timer has options for 5-, 10-, 15-, 20-, and 30-minute blocks. Just rotate it to your preferred option and the display will begin its countdown. The timer also has four different volumes so you'll never miss it going off, but you can also choose silence as an option.
Promising review: "I LOVE this timer!!! I am a school counselor with ADHD. I've tried a LOT of different timers to help me keep track of when to send passes, monitor time with students who tend to stay long to avoid class, and use the alarm to remind me to take a few minutes to eat lunch. It's fabulous to be able to just look at the time on the clock face, note that I need to leave for a meeting in 20 minutes, and bam! A quick turn of the clock and a timer goes off with enough time to grab my stuff and head out. I don't have to think about setting it like with most digital timers, and there's no annoying ticking like there is with a traditional kitchen timer. I loved my cyan one at work so much, that I bought a black one for home. It also came well packaged. Enough to protect it, but not so much as to cause me guilt as a consumer." —Laura M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in 30- and 60-minute configurations and five colors).