1. Pakistani comic book enthusiast Khaver Siddiqi just tweeted this photo from DC Comics’ recent release Superman/Wonderwoman Annual #2.
2. There’s only one little GLARING issue with the comic: “Pakistanian” is not a language.
“My friend @Takhalus found it and shared it on a sci-fi geek Twitter group DM. I just had to buy the comic and read it myself to confirm,” Siddiqi told BuzzFeed. “I’m not offended at being called Pakistanian — I’m just offended that nobody had the time to do one Google search. That’s all. Spoiled the story for me,” he said.
3. “The scene’s set-up is basically some bad guy attacks villagers,” Siddiqi explains.
4. Predictably, people are taking the mickey.
9. The scene is set in the village of Shimshal, Northern Pakistan.
“It makes it all the more funny that they decided to set the scene in a place even I, as a Pakistani, had to look up on Google. But they couldn’t perform a simple Google search for the language,” Siddiqi complained.