21 Embarrassing Moments In Every Desi Kid's Music Evolution
Did it, not always gonna admit it.
1. You listened to English songs on the cassette/CD player and wrote down the lyrics.
2. You jaaaammed to "Ek Glassy".
3. You also did secret dance performances to Bolly numbers in your room.
4. God forbid you had three friends, in which case this Las Ketchup dance was unavoidable.
8. If you were a guy, you adopted some of that UK Bhangra-rap Punjabi MC aesthetic.
9. And if you liked men, you had a crush on Jay Sean.
10. And you can't lie about having followed the remix era quite closely.
11. You were a part of at least one group like this.
12. But despite your musical taste, you enjoyed this song when it came out.
13. Of course you listened to a few rock songs and became very goth for four months.
14. But that had little to do with how you still sang along to every Govinda song ever made.
15. One day you found out it wasn't "Aap jesa koi meri zindagi mein aye toh 'baap' ban jaye".
And it pretty much exploded your brain.
16. ... And it wasn't "Uske 'nana' ki tareef mumkin nahi."
17. You still believe Bombay Rockers' "Rock Tha Party" was decent.
18. You've danced to several Daler Mehndi songs as a child.
19. Voluntarily or involuntarily, you know the lyrics of most of Raghav's songs.
20. Every winter, you pulled out a certain hoodie with your favourite rockstar/rapper's name.
You still have it stashed somewhere, you know it.
21. And then your VGA camera phone was ready to take selfies like this.
*Applies terrible charcoal filter and sets as Orkut display picture* SO HIP HOP.