If you're Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi (or basically ANY kind of South Asian) you know that the word "healthy" is often used by people to tell you you've gained weight.
1. But the next time they do it, try telling them why it borders self-hate.
2. Let aunties know a rishta isn't your prime goal in life.
3. Don't let passing comments be passing comments. Trap people into a discussion.
4. Remind people your body is yours to decide for.
5. Let judgmental men have a taste of their own medicine.
6. And lash back violently if they get too ridiculous.
7. If you have PCOS or hypothyroidism, just wear an awareness shirt to the family get-together.
8. If people give you unsolicited advice, be nice and return the favour.
9. And when it's time, condescend 'em right back.
Body Positivity Week is a week of content devoted to exploring and celebrating our complicated relationships with our bodies. Check out more great Body Positivity Week content here.