3. And this BBC Hague reporter was able to get in contact with the Anne Frank House and this is what they said.
@JacquelSpringer written by AFH on their FB page. Called them, press team away,won’t send photo of guestbook, confirmed only staff access FB— anna holligan
@chrisgeidner @bertine83 @pourmecoffee yes, I spoke to the manager, she (understandably) wants their communications team to deal with it— anna holligan
@chrisgeidner @bertine83 @pourmecoffee manager confirmed that only staff had access to their FB page & JB visited after closing last night.— anna holligan
Just confirmed with @annefrankhouse press office - Justin #Bieber did write those comments in ‘special guestbook’— anna holligan
‘He’s 19, it’s a strange life he’s living, it wasn’t very sensible but he didn’t mean bad…’ - @annefrankhouse press office— anna holligan
‘He was very interested in Anne Frank…’ - @annefrankhouse press office #Bieber @bbcworldservice— anna holligan
Beliebers then made sure they showed their idol their support on the Anne Frank House’s Facebook page.
UPDATE: During Bieber’s tour, a guide pointed out that Frank was a fan of pop culture and she might have been a fan of his.
Abraham Foxman, the national director of the Anti-Defamation League, said Anne Frank was a fan of celebrities and pop culture and doesn’t have a problem with what Bieber wrote in the guestbook.
“I don’t see anything wrong with it,” he said.
- Hillary Clinton has received 30 times as much cash from tech employees as Donald Trump, according to a BuzzFeed News analysis.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀