1. The day was August 28, 2003. The place was Radio City Music Hall.
2. From the top of a cake emerged a vision of beauty who radiated as if sent from above.
3. She looked like unto an angel, but neigh, it was not an angel, it was her majesty, Britney Spears, Princess of Pop.
4. She sang the hymn “Like A Virgin.”
5. And she posed and sighed and cooed and generally looked flaw free and iconic.
6. In the audience, a fan clapped to the beat and looked on in anticipation of what was to come.
7. And, lo, from behind the cake strode another figure.
8. Though she shown not as brightly, her voice shook all those who heard it. And she lifted her veil, and lo, it was Christina “Xtina” Aguilera.
9. And everyone was all like
12. But then from the heavens cried with the sound of a million church bells, heralding the arrival of the godmother.
13. She had arrived. Her royal highness, Madonna, the Queen of Pop.
14. She walked down the stairs gracefully.
16. And verily, the masses were ready to be entertained.
18. The three divas sang.
19. And danced.
20. And Madonna removed the garter from Christina’s leg
21. And gave her hat unto Britney.
23. And behold, it was a great moment in the history of mankind.
25. But then, when it seemed as if things couldn’t possibly get any better…
26. It did.
27. And lo, the Queen kissed her Princess.
28. The torch had been passed. Madonna’s work here was done. It was the next generation’s turn to bless the world with pop music.
30. Justin was not impressed.
31. But everyone else was.
32. Madonna she granted unto Christina a kiss too.
33. And Missy Elliott came out.
34. And there was much rejoicing.
36. And the world has never been the same since.
37. The end.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick to lead the EPA, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gasses are to blame ♨️️🌍
- President Obama commuted Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for giving classified documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.