1. Four-time Grammy winner Macklemore performed “Same Love” with Ryan Lewis at the Grammys Sunday.
2. It’s his song about letting people love who they want to love, even if they’re gay, and it turned into a gay rights anthem after its release in 2012.
3. They were joined by Mary Lambert, who sings the song’s hook and who wrote it about her longtime girlfriend.
4. Then 34 couples got married, some of whom were same-sex couples.
5. Queen Latifah officiated the weddings.
6. And then Madonna came out to perform “Open Your Heart” after rings were exchanged.
7. Lewis said after the performance that his sister was one of the people who got married during the ceremony.
Earlier in the day he told the New York Times the ceremony “will be in our minds the ultimate statement of equality, that all the couples are entitled to the same exact thing.”
8. “This isn’t about TV and ratings,” Queen Latifah said after the weddings. While some — including at BuzzFeed — were talking about Latifah, she directed attention to others.
“It meant a lot because two of them were friends of mine… Everybody should get to fall in love with someone and build a life,” she said.
9. Here’s video of the whole thing:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘