3. Fluorescent light is not sexy.
When it comes to your home, one of the biggest mistakes you can make is to rely solely on the overhead lighting you’ve inherited. Few things kill the mood faster than the harsh, unforgiving glare of fluorescent ceiling lights.
6. Banish the TV from the bedroom.
We know you love to watch the game, but TV has a time and a place, and it’s not the bedroom.
Invest in wine glasses.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on glassware. Most big retailers like Bed, Bath, and Beyond sell inexpensive sets of wine glasses. Mason jars are also a great-looking option and are inexpensive and sturdy (perfect for entertaining). You can pick up a dozen at your local cooking store or Fish’s Eddy.
9. You can never have too many books.
Reading is sexy, plain and simple. You can never have too many books, with one caveat: Having ALL finance books is not the way to Make Friends and Influence People.
If you really want to impress, create a color-coordinated bookcase. Most people don’t realize that you can easily recreate this look at home by ordering specific books by color or material.
13. It looks weird when all of your furniture comes from the same place.
You wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) buy your entire wardrobe from the same store, why would you buy all of your furniture from the same place?
17. Get a candle.
The human sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses linked to memory and sex drive, so it’s a major mood killer if your bedroom smells like dirty socks. Do yourself a favor and buy candles for the bedroom and bathroom. You don’t need to settle for a frilly scent either, guy-friendly brands like Diptyque, Meyers, and Kaufmann Mercantile sell a variety of more herbal, musky options.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀