1. The parody video “Let’s Save Africa” calls out some of the tropes in “the way fundraising campaigns are communicating issues of poverty and development.”
10. The video was created to promote the Rusty Radiator Awards and the Golden Radiator Awards which award the most stereotypical and the most creative fundraising campaigns, respectively.
The winners of the awards will be announced on December 3rd.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.