1. Inspired by Dalí “Lobster Telephone” (Aphrodisiac telephone), designer Elliot Gorham created this modern adaptation.
2. Dalí explains in The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí, “I do not understand why, when I ask for a grilled lobster in a restaurant, I am never served a cooked telephone.”
“I do not understand why champagne is always chilled, and why, on the other hand, telephones, which are habitually so frightfully warm and disagreeably sticky to the touch, are not also put in silver buckets with crushed ice around them.”
3. Elliot Graham elaborates on some of his thoughts behind the adaptation:
Unlike the typical phone case, it doesn’t offer functionality of protection and style…The ‘Lobster Mobile Telephone Case’ presents itself as a deterrent through its awkward and inoperative design. Resulting in minimal enjoyment of function, zero fashion credibility and lastly, reduced mobility for the user.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- During the 2014 Scottish Referendum, Trump said independence would be "devastating" for Scotland. Last week he celebrated Brexit.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.