1. Inspired by Dalí “Lobster Telephone” (Aphrodisiac telephone), designer Elliot Gorham created this modern adaptation.
2. Dalí explains in The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí, “I do not understand why, when I ask for a grilled lobster in a restaurant, I am never served a cooked telephone.”
“I do not understand why champagne is always chilled, and why, on the other hand, telephones, which are habitually so frightfully warm and disagreeably sticky to the touch, are not also put in silver buckets with crushed ice around them.”
3. Elliot Graham elaborates on some of his thoughts behind the adaptation:
Unlike the typical phone case, it doesn’t offer functionality of protection and style…The ‘Lobster Mobile Telephone Case’ presents itself as a deterrent through its awkward and inoperative design. Resulting in minimal enjoyment of function, zero fashion credibility and lastly, reduced mobility for the user.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage under Obamacare will disappear.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚