The Conditions Upon Which One May Claim "Reverse Racism"
There appears to be some confusion about what "reverse racism" is and when one may claim it is happening. Hopefully, this can provide some clarity.
1. When you're rewinding 12 Years a Slave.
2. When someone throws down the Uno reverse card and yells a racial slur.
3. When you're playing a song backward to hear the secret message and it's racist.
6. When you're taking a selfie and you see a person in blackface behind you.
7. When someone gains time travel capabilities and goes back in time to try to convince Rosa Parks to give up her seat.
8. When you turn around during the "reverse" part of the "Cha Cha Slide" and you witness a hate crime.
10. When you're black and doing a backstroke in a swimming pool but everyone is surprised you can swim.
12. When you're Benjamin Buttoning and, no matter your age, it's really hard to get a job because of discrimination.
13. When you're backing your car up into your parking spot in your Hollywood studio where you continue to make movies almost exclusively about white dudes.
14. When you're doing the moonwalk and "it doesn't matter if you're black or white" comes on but it DOES matter, especially if you're not white.
16. When your momma says, "Don't make me turn this car around," and she actually follows through on the threat and she gets pulled over for Driving While Black.
17. When someone confronts you about your racism and you Homer-shrub-GIF away screaming, "No, you're the real racist!" because you're uncomfortable.